Chapter 14: The tests

"Well...let's get started!"

"So manly..."

~~~

The class was unnervingly quiet as they were making their way back to the classroom. No whispering, no talking, and no yelling, until Tsuyu spoke up.

"Excuse me, I always speak my mind, but Yagi I have a question for you," she stated, making the class tense up and the boy in question turn to her with a smile.

"Lay it on me."

"Why did you do this? It wasn't for your pride, I know that. So why did you do it?" She asked.

The rest of the class inhaled sharply, looking at him expectantly.

He looked her in the eyes and smirked, chills running up people's backs, before turning away from the class and smiling softly.

"I believed that they weren't fit to be heroes," he started saying, his soft smile turning into a frown, "they were in it for money and fame," he sighed.

"EXCUSE ME! BUT THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD HEROES! THEY COULD TAKE OUT A LOT OF VILLAINS!" Iida yelled. Izuku fixed him with an unnervingly blank stare.

"Being a hero isn't about taking out villains, which is an overused term, by the way, it's about helping people," Izuku said coldly, causing Iida to flinch.

"M-My apologies..." Iida whispered.

"Okay you heathens, listen up. Go to the changing rooms and then meet at the PE Grounds," Aizawa said.

"Wait a second. I want to do something," Izuku said, standing next to Aizawa.

"What is it?" Aizawa asked.

"I want everyone to close your eyes. Go on, do it," Izuku said. Only him, Hitoshi, and Aizawa didn't close their eyes.

"Good. Now I'm going to give you a scenario, and afterward, you're going to do what I tell you to do," he explained.

The class nodded.

"You're a hero and there's a bank with villains inside. There are no known hostages. The media is there as well as other capable heroes. If you go and help the heroes then you'll get a lot of publicity and get a lot of money from it," Izuku said, looking around at the class that looked confused, even with their eyes closed.

"But, as you were making your way to the bank you see a person being followed by someone you know is a villain. They go into an alley where no other hero can see them. You're the only person that can save them, but you realize that if you save the person then the bank will be saved without you, losing your chance to get rich and famous," Izuku explained, causing some students' shoulders to tense up.

"Keep your eyes closed so none of your classmates will know your answer," Izuku said, making the class less tense.

"Raise your hand if you choose the bank option," Izuku asked.

Iida, Shioka, Kokoro, Ikaru, Kaminari, Sero, Aoyama, and Hagakure raise their hands.

Aizawa wrote the names down on a notepad.

"Put your hands down."

The hands went down.

"Put your hands up if you choose the second option."

Jiro, Shoto, Mina, Tsu, Kirishima, Ojiro, Momo, Tokoyami, Shoji, and Koda raised their hands.

Aizawa wrote it down too.

"Put your hands down."

The hands went down.

"Open your eyes," Izuku said.