Chapter Twenty-One: A New Years Kiss

Start from the beginning

Hunter: what did they say? You're avoiding it.

Anna: idk. They just said a bunch of really stupid things.

Hunter: stupid things covers a lot of things.

Anna: well they said a lot of things.

Hunter: I'll be specific. What was the worst one? Like, what made you really mad?

Anna: I don't want to tell you.

Hunter: tell me. Come on Anna!

Anna: it's embarrassing.

Hunter: it can't be that bad.

Anna: he called me fire crotch.

Hunter: hang on a second.

Anna: ok.....

Hunter: I have to decide between acid or scorpions.

Anna: what?

Hunter: how we're going to kill him. Come on Anna, keep up with the conversation!

Anna: I wasn't aware that we were killing him.

Hunter: well we are.

Anna: I appreciate you.

Hunter: aww, thanks.

Anna: no I really do. My family all just kind of laugh when he says stuff like that.

Hunter: I don't like your family.

Anna: you've never met them.

Hunter: and I already don't like them.

Anna: see, you're the type of person who understands me.

Hunter: yup. Now I have to go, my flight is leaving.

Anna: ok! I'll see you when you get back.

Hunter: yup. And maybe you can come to the New Years party.

Anna: idk.

Hunter: think about it. Now I have to go.

------

Hunter crawled into his bed tiredly, undressing as he did. His flight had ended up being delayed, so he'd arrived in Nashville at three in the morning. He was exhausted. He tossed his shirt and jeans into the corner and pulled his blankets around him, sighing and closing his eyes. Sleep overcame in, filled with dreams of her.

<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>

Anna walked slowly into her kitchen, turning the coffee maker on and opening the fridge to find something to eat. It was New Year's Eve, and she had no plans. But she was ok with that. She usually just laid in her bed and watched the fireworks through her window. And that was exactly what she planned on doing that night. She would fall asleep to the sound of fireworks echoing in the night.

And alone. I'll fall asleep alone. I bet Hunter will have some girl with him. Some gorgeous girl will be his first kiss of the new year. And I'll be laying in my bed wishing that I was cuddling with him. He's probably a great cuddler. He looks very comfortable. And that chest is lovely.

Anna spent the day cleaning her apartment and thinking about Hunter. She found herself to be very pathetic, but she didn't really care. She was twenty-three, she was allowed to be a bit pathetic when it came to guys. Especially since she didn't have one. She was just sitting down in front of her TV to watch the New Year's Eve show when someone knocked on the door. She groaned and stood up, walking over and opening the door.