Chapter Seventeen: So Disappointed

<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•

Two Weeks Later:

Hunter walked through the door of his apartment, a small smirk on his face. Studio days were great. He'd spent the day singing and playing various instruments. What more could he ask for?

Anna.

He'd discovered shortly after Sarah left that he was still completely in love with Anna. He wasn't exactly sure why he'd been ignoring his feelings, but he suspected that it had something to do with Sarah. Sam had told him today that he'd been trying to replace Anna with Sarah. That he'd been trying to feel the love he wanted to feel from Anna, from Sarah. But hadn't he loved Sarah? He thought he had.

"What's the first thing you remember about her? What do you miss the most?" Andy had asked.

And Hunter had been ashamed to say that he missed her kiss. Her touch.

"That makes me think that maybe you didn't love her. That maybe your relationship was based purely on physicality," Sam had said.

And Hunter had agreed. Maybe it had been a physical relationship. But even so, wasn't it possible that he loved her?

"No," Steve's reply had been, "you lusted her Hunter. Not loved. Theres a defined line between the two."

Hunter was disappointed in himself. So disappointed.

<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•

Text Message From: Hunter:

Hunter: Hey.

Anna: Hi.

Hunter: can I ask you something?

Anna: go for it.

Hunter: if you thought that you'd made a mistake. Like, a mistake that could change the rest of your life, what would you do?

Anna: it depends on what the mistake was.

Hunter: let's say you didn't tell someone something. Something that could change their life, and yours, and you kept it to yourself.

Anna: well if there was still time to tell them, I'd tell them. But if I couldn't go back I'd probably just live with the consequences.

Hunter: oh.

Anna: thinking about her?

Hunter: yeah.

Anna: I'm sorry.

Hunter: it's ok. I'll be fine. She was a jerk anyway.

Anna: want me to go all protective best friend and beat her up?

Hunter: no, thanks though.

Anna: I think I'm still gonna beat her up. She deserves it.

Hunter: go for it. I don't even care anymore.

Anna: I know you care Hunter. Don't lie to me.

Hunter: alright, so what if I still care. I'm allowed to care. My fiancé left me on my wedding day. That's a cause for caring.

Anna: I didn't say you shouldn't care. Did you see it coming though?