Prologue 3: Cruel Answer!

Riddle's POV

"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!"

"Nygah! The heck is this!?" The raccoon yelled.

"Laws of the Queen of Hearts Number 23: "One shall never bring a cat into a festival." You being a cat means you've broken the rule. I shall have you leave at once." 

"I'm not a cat!! I'll burn this collar right up and ... E, eh? I can't use my fire!"

"Hmph! You won't be using any magic until I remove the collar. Just like an ordinary cat." I said with a smirk on my face.

"Wh-what?! I'm not some pet!"

"Don't worry, I'd never keep a pet like you. I'll take it off anyway when you get thrown out."

Ciel's POV

"Wow, as wonderful as ever. Any and all magic gets sealed by your Unique Magic, Riddle. I want it... No, I wouldn't ever want that cast on me." Azul said to Riddle.

'Wow these people are strange'

The headmaster then looked over at me "You must do something about this! It is your familiar!"

"He is not my familiar!"

"Properly discip... eh? It's not yours?"

"No. How many times have I said that he is not my familiar?"

"Y-you did, didnt you?" The headmaster sighs. "Anyway, let's get it out of the school at any rate. We won't turn you into a stew. For I am gracious." "Yes you are." I say and roll my eyes. The headmaster then turns to the other students "Someone help, please." One of the students then walk over to Grim and drag him away.

" Gyaaaa! Let me go! I'm going to, going to...Become the greatest magician!" The students that dragged him away then shut him out. 

"I kinda feel bad for him." I muttered to myself.

"We had a bit of trouble along the way but this brings the entrance ceremony to a close. Dormitory Heads, please show the new students back to the dormitories.... Hm? Now that I think about it, I don't see the leader for Diasomnia, Mr. Draconia, around at all..."

"That's no different from usual, is it?" The man with lion ears said.

"What? Did nobody tell him about the ceremony?" The man in a turban said.

"If you're going to complain, you should've done it yourself."

"Hmmm. But I don't really know anything about that guy." The students then started to murmur to themselves

"By Draconia...Do they mean 'that' Malleus Draconia? Is he seriously attending this school? Scary..."

"I was correct. I thought he might come but Malleus really didn't. It seems the invitation "never arrived" again." An old fashioned man said.

"My deepest apologies. I promise, we didn't intent to exclude you.

'I wonder if that is the Malleus guy they were talking about'

"It's fine. Members of the Diasomnia Dormitory can come with me. ... I hope this doesn't upset him..."

'I guess it wasn't him.' The students leave.

"Then, Ciel, I'm terribly sorry about this but..We must have you leave the school. Those without any talent for magic cannot be allowed to attend class here. There is no need to worry. The Dark Mirror will send you directly back from whence you came. Enter the Gate, and picture your home clearly in your mind..."

'This was a long dream...'

"Oh, Dark Mirror! Guide this one back to the place they belong!" The dark mirror stayed quiet. "Once more. Oh Dark Mirror! Guide this..." The headmaster's sentence was cut off by the mirror saying "It is nowhere..."

"Eh?"

"The place they belong is nowhere in this world...It does not exist"

"What did you say? That is unbelievable! Hmm, well, the unbelievable has been on parade today. This is the first time it's ever happened since I became Headmaster, what should be...Where exactly did you come from?"

"I'm from London."

"I've never heard that place. I have a general grasp of where all the students came from but I've never even heard that name before. Let's go do some research in the library." The headmaster then grabbed my arm and lead us to the library.