⠀⠀⠀⠀𝖎𝖛. just calypso and harry

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊 ; 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊 ; 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

THE FIRST FEW DAYS of fifth year were, to put it lightly, hectic. Umbridge was of course, not helping with these matters. The Ministry of Magic (including Umbridge) had refused to accept the fact that Voldemort is back, which, to Calypso, seemed pitiful and pathetic. But nevertheless, Calypso had held herself back when she wanted to scream at Umbitch— sorry, Umbridge.

Other than the giant squid that Calypso had taken to calling Finn, who she had spent most of her time playing with, and wandering around the castle, she had decided—attempted to partake in lessons. It was her decision, and it was optional after all, of course, she did not have to. But then again what better way to spend your day, than to bother all of the professors, of whom you haven't taken a liking to? (She's only talking about Umbridge because she had loved Minerva Mcgonagall, whom she's decided to call Minnie, unsurprisingly, but Professor Mcgonagall finds the nickname really humorous so Calypso hadn't received a detention — yet.)

Calypso, rather than sitting at the desks, like any ordinary student, but then again, she's not any ordinary student. Would make the bean bag appear out of thin air (Umbridge, frankly, got furious but was frightened of Calypso enough to not do anything, which Calypso hadn't found shocking at all) and would unusually sit in a dark corner she would usually find in classrooms. (The whole of Snape's classroom is dark and she therefore, did not have trouble finding a place to sit) and would noisily and comically sip tea (or Firewhisky), that the students had a hard time attempting to contain their laughter at Umbridge's red face, or Snape's face of obvious discomfort. Fred and George had to pinch their noses, and Harry had to shove his fist in his mouth in an attempt to prevent their laughter.

The entire student body was very thankful, however, for Calypso, for making them laugh, provided that the punishments of Umbridge were the most cruel. And they were glad at least even in those very dark days, they could find a little bit of light.

One example of this, is that Umbridge was threatening students with detentions in one Defense Against the Dark Arts class. And after seeing the students in the hallways crying because of the words her blood quills graved in their flesh, Calypso rose.

Now, Calypso was very good at controlling her powers , particularly because they can potentially get out of hand and injure someone. And when Professor Minnie — sorry Professor Mcgonagall called Calypso to 'punish' her for her behaviour, Calypso simply shrugged and her and Minerva had tea and biscuits while talking about cats. And anyway, if you asked Calypso, she didn't feel sorry at all. She thought it was karma.

"Miss Riddle! what in Merlin's name are you doing?" Umbridge screamed at Calypso, who was burning the essays Umbridge had assigned the students.

"I don't think Merlin wants you to use his name, Dolores. It taints it, you could say." Calypso replied, which made Harry, Ron, and Hermione snicker.

"You're burning the assignments! my assignments!" she screamed, once more.

"Blimey, woman you're going to scream my bloody ears off! besides, I wouldn't call these your assignments, you see, the students wrote them!" she smiled sweetly.

"Wand! Now!" she demanded, turning even more red by the minute.

"I'm not using a wand," she laughed.

"Detention then!" she yelled out, the students stopped laughing, they wanted to see what Calypso was going to do.

"You forget I'm not a student, Dolores." Calypso sang, still sitting cross legged on her large bean bag.

"You are just like your father! Disgusting behaviour, recklessness, the want to break the rules, traitor, like father like daughter I suppose. The apple never falls far from the tree." it seemed like the students had stopped breathing. You may taunt her as much as you like, but never, never associate her with her father, Calypso's blood boiled.

Calypso's eyes, once blue like the ocean, were now violet, electric volts flowing back behind her irises, and the ground shook, the decorations that were hung on the wall rattled, and the books that were once neatly placed on the bookshelf fell out. Calypso, who was standing in the dark corner of the classroom, was now inches away from the visibly paled Umbridge, who had obviously regretted what she had said the minute the words spewed out of her mouth.

"Compare me to my father again, and I'll show you how much I'm like him, understood?"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Calypso was down upon the shores of the Black Lake later that night, where she could always go if it needed peace and quiet. She was used to being taunted, especially by the merpeople when she lived in Black Lake, and Calypso had, indeed always learnt to control her powers at such an early age. Then again, no one had ever compared her to her father, no one dared. It's always been such a delicate matter, particularly due to the killings her father had performed, she had always overlooked and dismissed her relation to such monstrosity, but what Umbridge had previously said was like a slap in the face. She reminded Calypso that she'd always be the murderer's daughter. The daughter of the darkest wizard of all, the daughter of a person who finds pleasure in killing innocent people.

She had not noticed, so lost in her thoughts, that Harry had joined her and was sitting by her, staring into the Black Lake as well.

"Hey," he said, she smiled in response.

"Er- I'm sorry, about- about what Professor Umbridge said." he stuttered, noticing her crestfallen expression, he continued.

"Wanna talk about it?"

She hummed in response, "You know, I'm tired. It's exhausting, people cowering away when you introduce yourself. It's like a curse. I don't want to be Calypso Riddle, or Calypso Poseidon, I just want to be Calypso... just Calypso."

"And everyone has this image, in their heads. That I'm supposed to be dark and evil and heartless, just like he is. But I'm not, I want to be reckless and I want to have friends, and I want to run in fields and lay under the stars, but I can't because- because people expect things from me, and it's like this huge weight that I can't seem to shake off. It's tiring Harry, I'm tired."

He felt that instead of saying something, he should just be there for her, Harry listened and did not know what to say. His company could be enough, he doesn't have to say anything. In reality, he felt like she did as well.

"Being the Boy Who Lived gets tiring as well, I know how you feel. It's like- like- people expect things from me as well, they expect me to be this great wizard, who does great things, who doesn't make mistakes, that everything I do is perfect, and I'm experienced, but they forget that I'm still a kid, a fifteen year old boy.."

Calypso hummed, and reached out to take his hand, before shuffling closer to him and placing her head on his shoulders, they were an unlikely pair, to say the least.

"You and me, lets just be Calypso and Harry.."

"Yeah, Calypso and Harry,"

Not The Boy Who Lived and the daughter of the darkest wizard of all. Just Calypso and Harry.