Wendy Peffercorn

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter Seven *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jackie had no clue how she ended up cuddling Benny in her sleep.

She couldn't hear the end of it the next morning from Yeah-Yeah and Squints. 

"Your face?  Red as a tomato." Squints chuckled, nudging Yeah-Yeah next to him.

"Shut up.  You're not helping, Squints." Jackie elbowed him in the stomach, using her hair tie to put her hair in a ponytail.

"You should be happy, he didn't move from his spot because he didn't wanna wake you up," Yeah-Yeah said, grabbing a boxed baseball from the shelf. 

"That's even more embarrassing," Jackie whined, having the urge to just cry.  The three walked up to the counter and placed the baseball on top. 

"No.  The embarrassing part is that everyone saw you two, also you snore." Squints told Jackie while Yeah-Yeah grabbed his wallet and searched it for money. 

"Thanks, Squints.  That helped." Jackie slapped his arm, rolling her eyes in annoyance.  The two boys laughed as Yeah-Yeah paid for the baseball.  They exited the store, thankfully changing the topic.

"Come on.  Give it to me." Yeah-Yeah told Squints who took the baseball out of his hand and pushed open the door.  Jackie didn't care about holding the ball, as long as they had one to play with.

"No, I wanna carry it." Squints replied childishly, stumbling as he walked out the door.

"Come on.  I paid for it."  Yeah-Yeah reasoned, looking to Jackie for help.

"I wanna carry it." Squints said again.

"Let the twerp carry it." Jackie shrugged, not caring very much.  Yeah-Yeah scoffed, kicking her ankle slightly to trip her.

"Oh.  Whoa!" Squints stopped in his tracks, staring forwards.

"Give it to me." Yeah-Yeah continued, not noticing Squints stopping.  Jackie pulled Yeah-Yeah's shirt to pull him back.  He grabbed the ball out of Squints' hand while he wasn't paying attention. 

"What are you doing?" Jackie finally looked up to see why Squints was acting so weird.  There was Wendy Peffercorn, the girl that Squints fawned over.  Her long blonde hair was blowing in the wind, a white headband in her hair.  She had a green dress on that went right above her knees.

"Geez Louise." Squints said.  Jackie had to admit that she was beautiful, and she didn't blame Squints for finding her attractive.  Yeah-Yeah still didn't notice, gawking over the ball.

"What's the matter?" Yeah-Yeah asked Squints, slapping his shoulder. 

"Geez." Squints continued, taking off his glasses and rubbing them against his shirt to make sure he was seeing things right.  Yeah-Yeah still wasn't paying attention, still playing with the ball in his hand.  Jackie was just waiting for the idiot to notice but never did.  Squints put his glasses back on, opening his blue eyes to see that he was correct, it really was Wendy Peffercorn.