I went to attack when I was kicked by a man with metal wings. I growled, Barnes coming to my side.

"Bucky?" The blonde gasped.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" Barnes asked, raising his gun. Just as he was about to shoot, the redhead grabbed the grenade launcher off the ground and pointed it at us. I pushed Bucky out of the way just as she shot the missile, both of us disappearing behind the cloud of smoke.

Natasha's POV:

"Drop the shield, Cap! On your knees! Get on your knees! Now! Get down! Get down! Don't move." Rumlow yelled, saliva flying from his mouth as they cuffed us and shoved us into the back of a white truck.

"It was her. It was Revna and she didn't even know who she was." I mumbled out loud, in shock and yet relieved that I had managed to find the woman I had been looking for, "She didn't even know who I was."

"Hydra has done something to them. Whatever it is, we can reverse it." Sam said, trying his best to make light of the situation, "None of it is your fault."

"I should have grabbed her and taken her with me. I shouldn't have left her there. I should have tried harder." I mentally cursed myself. If I hadn't fucked up in the past, maybe things would be different now.

Third Person POV:

"Sir, he's...he's unstable. Erratic." The scientist told Pierce.

"Mission report." Pierce asked Bucky who looked blank, "Mission repot. Now."

When Bucky didn't respond, Pierce moved closer to him and struck him across the face.

"The man on the bridge... Who was he?" Bucky asked.

"You met him earlier this week on another assignment."

"I knew him."

Alexander sighed, "Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century, and I need you to do it one more time. Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine, and HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves."

"But I knew him." Bucky insisted.

"Prep him."

"He's been out of cryo-freeze for too long." The scientist said.

"Then wipe him and start over. I'm going to go check on Raven."

Revna's POV:

"Mission report." Pierce asked me while I stared off into space, ignoring the heat from the light above me.

"Romanova is still alive." Rumlow snarled coming into the room. My face whipped to the side as he backhanded me and suddenly everything came flooding back.

"Natalia?! Where is she?!" I screamed, tugging against the metal cuffs around my wrists. "What did you do?!"

"Shut up!" Rumlow barked, punching me across the jaw.

Alexander sighed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Wipe her and start over. We have a deadline."

"Understood."

I screamed and begged for him to not touch me, to let me go and tell me where Natalia was. He placed a metal band around my head before pulling out his long knife, dragging it down from the middle of my nose towards the middle of my cheek in a long, jagged line. Blood ran down my face as he dragged his knife down my left eye, making a distorted 'V' shape with the scars.

"NATALIA!!!" I screamed in agony, large doses of electricity being sent through my body, foam started spilling out of my mouth.

"NATALIA!!" I cried, hoping somehow she would hear me and come save me like she promised. I wanted the torture to end, I wanted the pain to stop and become numb. Why couldn't I become numb?!

I heard the loud screams of Bucky from down the hall, the cackles of the HYDRA agents following suit.

"A little boat in a glass bottle floating aimlessly at sea," Rumlow started, stabbing his knife down into the meat of my thigh, "the water kisses its walls while willing it to sail free," he leaned in close to whisper in my ear, "but even after all the kisses and the endless nights spent near, the boat will never touch the water, leaving what's left of this love unclear."

Natalia and I had feelings for each other but we couldn't be together and that was the confusing truth of ours.

a/n: and they finally met 😬 poor revna. the poem at the end was from the poetry book titled "Nineteen" by Makenzie Campbell. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if not, there's always next one. We're still in for a long road before Revna and Nat can even think about being together. I hope you're ready.