I'm not here for a campaign. We're here to understand what it feels like to go through sexual assault and still find a way to wear a smile despite the life long pain.

Moving to Nigeria was not what she wanted. Separated from her father and every other person she knew growing up was way too disheartening for Anna. She loved her father beyond words and she cried one too many times when she had to accept that he couldn't be there as the active cheerful dad she always had.

Anna was of mixed races. Her mom, Vera Patrick was born in Nigeria but spent her whole life in America with her diaspora parents now deceased and Anna's dad, Jack Turner a white indigene.

Jack always reminded his daughter that she was not a mistake, just unexpected. In reality, she came into existence from an unwanted pregnancy which Jack had refused to the idea of Vera aborting. Vera admired Jack a lot the first time they met at a bar but she never thought he was someone she could eventually settle down with.

Jack, a whimsical yet smart guy, definitely gorgeous looking and had a stable job as a civil engineer. Vera never had anything serious in mind with him other than going out on a couple of dates. He was too soft for her and was definitely not her ideal kind of man besides having the looks a lady could swoon over.

Unfortunately for Vera, she realized her period was a couple of weeks late and after buying a pregnancy test kit and carrying out the needful, she discovered she was carrying his baby.

The only reason they got married was because of their unborn child at a time. Vera didn't love him as much as Jack did and he in turn wanted nothing but a complete family for his child on the way. But clashes here and there was the product of their marriage.

Vera always nagged at the littlest thing and Jack's efforts at putting up with her constant disdain for him ended futile. Anna was nine years of age when they finally divorced. It was crystal clear, their marriage was a disaster and was heading towards nothing but a rock.

Jack got re-married to a beautiful white brunette a year later but never failed to check up on Anna who stayed in custody of his ex-wife.

Vera disliked Jack's new wife. At times, she blamed Lilian for her failed marriage. She resolved she didn't want anything to do with Jack's family and she wanted her daughter far away from them.

A few years later, Vera met a wealthy forty year old hottie and soon after, she decided that Anna and herself would start a new life with the man's family back in the heart of west Africa. Her new lover went by the name Harry Johnson and was a single father to a nineteen year old Peter Johnson. Peter was a very unruly young man with no regards for morals and a senior in his secondary school.

Vera and Anna moved in with the rich man and his son in Abuja, the country's capital during the summer holidays. Anna was a happy child who got along with practically everyone due to her lively nature but she made an exception for Peter. He always seemed to give off a dire aura that made her uneasy. There were times he appeared nice. Half the time, he was staring at her a certain way and refusing to look away for quite a while.

Anna told her mom about this but was never taken seriously. Vera always dismissed the idea saying it was because they were just getting to know each other. Still, Anna made sure she kept her distance from him.

Peter began his perverted ways of constantly staring at Anna in places that were demoralizing and even touching her inappropriately. Anna also learnt he was one mind fucking individual when he tried to manipulate her into keeping her mouth shut. Not that they would believe her anyway.

But when Annabelle did speak up, Vera condemned her daughter's allegations of Peter and accused her of not being happy for her happiness. With no one else to turn to, Anna kept quiet and tried as much as possible to keep Peter at an arm's length.