"Go on, halfling." Thranduil said.

Bilbo swallowed hard, he put the stone on the table and uncovered it. The room suddenly became quiet and for the first time in a while Thranduil looked stunned.

"The Arkenstone." His voice was but a whisper, his blue eyes dialated and his factions were stained with disbelief. "Why would you bring this to us?" Thranduil asked.

"Because maybe if you give it to Thorin he might strike a deal." Bilbo explained.

"Good thinking." Mythrandir complimented.

Thranduil still didn't look convinced and said. "Are you sure this will work? How do I know this is not some sort of trap?" His voice was now angry and I shot him the most intimidating stare I could.

"Why would I bring you a fake Arkenstone? War is the last thing we need and Thorin wants this desperately. He would pay any price for it and therefor war would not be necessary." The little hobbit never seized to amase me, and I had to admit he was propbably right.

"If you ask me that sounds like a pretty good idea." I said.

Bilbo shot me a smile but Thranduil looked at me with fury. "Nobody asked you anyway." His voice sent waves of anger through my body and I clenched my fists tightly.

"I'm not the one that's going to war over a necklace." I retorted.

Bard suppressed a laugh but Gandalf and Bilbo didn't. "What's so funny?" Thranduil exclamied annoyed.

"She's right my lord." Gandalf said.

Thranduil looked at him ruthlessly. "We'll take the stone to Thorin tomorrow, if he doesn't accept the deal my army will attack." With that being said he left the room and we all started to laugh.

*

Morning came earlier than expected, my eyes were glued shut and the last thing I wanted was to get up. The air was frostbite cold, I had a small blanket wrapped around me which made it even harder for me to wake up. When I finally managed to beat the lazyness within me I changed into something more war appropiate. I'd been wearing the same dress for the past three days and it was becoming unbearable. Under my dress I was wearing a pair of brown trousers so I ripped the bottom part of the dress off and just the top half remained since I had nothing else.

"I can lend you a shirt." Bard said coming up from behind me as if reading my thoughts.

"That would be amazing." I responded.

Bard took off his shirt right there and handed it over to me. My eyes studdied him and I tried not to be so obvious about it, but judging by his smile he'd noticed. The shirt was too big but it was far more comfortable than the dress. Bard left the room and I changed.

When I stepped outside my eyes scanned the crowd for Bard. I spied him in a white horse right next to Thranduil who was ridding his Elk. In an armor Thranduil looked even better; there was a certain roughness that attracted me to him, the way even before a battle he still looked poised and calm just like any other day. I found a black mere and took it. I made my way through the very polished and organized army of elves to Thranduil's side. I had my sword and dagger; I was ready.

"I told you not to fight today." Thranduil said, as he gave the order to start moving.

"And I told you I no longer take orders from you." I replied and me heart dropped when I saw Thranduil smile.

"As you wish then, just try not to get yourself killed." His eyes became playful and I had to fight the urge to smile.

I stayed quiet but inside I was screaming. Thranduil was hard to resist as it was and now him talking to me like that made it even harder. We arrived at the mountain in no time and Thranduil, Bard and I made our way to the front of the line. This time I wasn't going to interrupt and let Thranduil do the talking.

Then the unexpected happened; an arrow came flying out of nowhere and it landed at Thranduil's feet. Thranduil looked up stunned and it didn't take me long to realise it was Thorin the one who'd fired the arrow.

"I will put the next one between your eyes!" Thorin exlcaimed raising the bow and aiming for Thranduils head.

"Are you insane!" I shouted surprising everyone.

"I see you're back with the enemy." Thorin said amused. "You weren't that serious about helping us then."

I tried to remain calm, I didn't want to give away too much emotion. "I am helping you Thorin! This is for your own good, war can be avoided." I responded, then I felt both Bard and Thranduil looking at me; I looked at them and with my eyes I communicated that from there on out I would remain silent.

With a bow of the head Thranduil gave a silent order; all of the elves readied their bows and were now in offense position. Thranduil gave all of them a satisfied grin and the dwarves drew back; all of them but Thorin. Then Thranduil gave another signal and the elves lowered their bows. He'd had his fun.

"We've come to tell you, payment for your debt has been offered." Thranduil sounded calm and confident. Deep inside he wanted to avoid war as well, he wouldn't risk the life of his people for a simple necklace. "And accepted." He added but this time his voice hinted more of a challenge.

"What payment?" Thorin's voice was on edge; he was going to loose it as soon as he saw his precious stone in the hands of the enemy. "I gave you nothing! You have nothing." Yet he was scared.

Thranduil looked up at him; his eyes revealed that indeed he had something of great value and a smirk of satisfaction became evident. He gestured towards Bard to take out the stone. Obediently Bard did what he was told and revealed the object. "We have this." He said showing off the stone.

When Thorin's eyes landed on it they became wide open with shock and he had trouble speaking. We had taken him by surprise and we had the thing he wanted most.

"Thieves!" I heard Kili shout but no one payed him too much attention. "How came you by the heirloom of our house! That stone belongs to the king!"

"The king may have it. On our good will" Bard said with amusement in his voice, his expression filled with irony. He threw the stone in the air and then put it back in his pocket. "But first he must honor his word." Challenge filled Bard's being and his eyes were impasive.

Thorin was caught off guard. "The Arkenstone is in this mountain!" He exclaimed.

Thranduil and Bard looked at each other and smirked. But I couldn't help but feel for Thorin. Greed was driving him mad and he didn't know it. "It is a trick!"

Then by Thorin's side Bilbo appeared. Him and Thorin started to speak, I only saw Thorin's hands fly up in the air with rage, Bilbo trying to explain something and then Bilbo was being held against the ledge of the wall. Thorin overpowering him. Bard's eyes grew wide and Thranduil was filled with anguish but did a very good job handling it.

"Let him go!" I cried but Thorin wouldn't listen. "Thranduil do something!" Tears filled my eyes but they wouldn't come down. My heart raced and I held my breath.

"There's nothing I can do." Thranduil replied dryly watching with interest what was going on.

Then a voice rattled us all. "You don't touch my burglar! Return him to me." It was Gandalf who had now joined us. "You're not making a very splendid figure mister King Under the Mountain, are you? Thorin son of Thrain." Gandlaf's voice sounded amused but Thorin wanted to kill him.

Thorin let go of Bilbo who came down to us as soon as he could. I managed to finally breath. But Thorin's voice startled me. "Never again am I dealing with wizards!" His voice was husky and coarse, he was hurt. "Or Shire rats!"

"Are we resolved? The return of the Arkenstone for what was promised?" Bard asked, hope clear in his eyes. "Give us your answer! Will you have peace or war?"

Thorin remained silent and looked outside. We all followed his gaze and in that moment I felt the ground tremble beneath my feet. I looked more intensly in the direction of the vibrations but the sun was too bright.

"What is this?" Thranduil asked and anguish was seeping back into his features.

Then I saw it, an enormous amount of small shadows against the sun coming our way. It was an army...an army of dwarves.