-> chapter 5

"i'm not crazy, right?"

jun asked his group as they walked out of the school. they normally walked home together, especially since they all lived around the same area, jun and mingyu being neighbors. seokmin was an exception, though- he always went to find joshua after school. the group would invite joshua to walk with them, but he had his own friends to hang out with.

"as far as im aware, you're mentally stable," wonwoo shrugged.

"so i'm not the only one who noticed that myungho wasn't there during sixth?"

"jun, none of us have sixth with you," mingyu sighed. "but i wonder why he wasn't there. he was in fifth,"

"yeah," jun pouted. "he said he'd text me tonight, though. hopefully he does,"

"i don't see why he wouldn't," soonyoung joined in.

"well, you never know. maybe he will, maybe he won't," jihoon mentioned.

"i guess, but i just want him to text me. not like i can text him or anything," he shrugged, wishing that he'd gotten myungho's number instead of giving his.

"it doesn't make sense why he wasn't in sixth," mingyu brought up again. "i saw him in the hallways walking to seventh,"

"you did?"

"mhm. it's math, right?"

"don't ask me, i don't know shit about him," jun admitted. "wish i did, though,"

"are we about to start operation get junnie a new friend?"

"soonyoung, you make it sound like we're middle schoo-"

"omg yes!" mingyu cut off wonwoo, clapping and smiling. he would've looked like a cute little puppy if it weren't for his height.

"when you're friends with him, you won't replace us, right?" soonyoung asked, pouting a little.

"trust me, i couldn't replace you lot if i tried. you're too annoying to let me leave you guys alone for more than a second,"

the group let out small chuckles, mingyu speaking, "we aren't that bad,"

"mingyu, my statement was directed at you," jun raised an eyebrow. "i took a five minute shower and got back to seventy three messages,"

"to be fair, you said you'd help me on science,"

"... that's- that's literally not helping your case at all," wonwoo sighed, repressing a small laugh. "and i can help you whenever, you know? you don't have to resort to bothering junhui all the time,"

"yeah, but you're smart and you don't struggle to explain stuff. it's funny watching jun get frantic about explaining it,"

"so mean to me," jun pouted.

mingyu gave a small, guilty giggle, "it's just because you're my favorite idiot,"

"i thought i was your favorite idiot," soonyoung frowned.

"... both of you guys are my favorites," he smiled with his tongue sticking out.

while a friendly air overtook them, jun still had thoughts of myungho in the back of his mind. where was he that period? why was it just the one period that he was gone?

was it because of me? jun questioned. he silently prayed that it wasn't- he'd never want myungho to feel uncomfortable.

hopefully, he'll text me tonight.