Chapter 2: Challenge Days

Start from the beginning

Richelle and I are listing the aspects of the auditions in the office. She suggests that there should be a choreography round, where the dancers prove that they can work as a team and not cause issues. I agree, and write it down. I'm not sure where Nick is, but apparently he's gone to get a technical guest choreographer. I hope I made the right decision in letting him do that. West offered to do the hip hop combo for the challenge, so he'll be arriving at any moment.

We're discussing what we're looking for in dancers, as Nick shows up outside the office. And next to him is West... and Eldon? I thought he was still working with Thalia on Acronation? If he's doing the choreography though, I know it will be good.

Eldon:

When Nick, the weird British businessdude that's friends with my older brother contacts me, and asks me if I want to choreograph for the next step, I jump at the chance. Acronation is taking a break for a couple months, as the next regionals isn't for another year. While Thalia is going around and scoping for dancers, I'm back to becoming a choreographer for anyone who hires me.

As I enter the strange café called the next steep, I see west in the corner. I haven't seen him in ages since he went to America to teach some hip hop masterclasses. Turns out, he's also choreographing for the challenge. I'm glad that Emily's still taking both hip hop and technical dancers, and not reverting back to her ways before Michelle came to help.

Piper:

As I enter the auditions with Finn, I'm early as usual. In the corner are West and Eldon, who are basically my surrogate brothers, with all the time they spend at my place to see James. I run over to them and give them a hug, as Finn watches from a distance.

Finn:

Who are those two guys? They look insanely familiar, but why does pipes know them? Oh wait, they're the hip hop champions of the world, but one's missing. I run over to them, and pipes introduces me

Turns out, they're the best friends and "bros" of her brother James. The James who's a TNS legend and Dewai-J in the hip hop world. I can't believe she hasn't told me that her brother is such a famous dancer.

Piper:

I see Finn fangirling and internally groan. This is why I didn't want people finding out that I was related to James. I wanted to show that I was my own dancer, and that I wasn't relying on his success to get further in my own dance career.

In the corner of my eye, I spot long, curly blonde hair. At first, I dismiss it, thinking it's Richelle, but Richelle's in the office. Amy? What's Amy doing here. Scanning the room, I see that all of a troupe has already arrived, as well as most of b troupe, and some of j-troupe. There's even an Ozzy lookalike, only she's a girl. She seems to be arguing with Ozzy, but they then come to an agreement and she goes off to talk with some other dancers.

Kenzie:

As Nick announces the auditions to begin, someone rushes into the room. I turn around, and it's Lily? What is she doing here? Last time she was here, she and her mom nearly destroyed the whole team. I frown at her, glancing over to Richelle. She seems to be as puzzled and mad as I am. Acro competitors or not, we both agree that Lily and Ms Angela had no spot at TNS.

Nick, not knowing about Lily's history, invites her over to audition. Some of the other dancers from b troupe and j troupe talk to her, but a troupe stays clear of her presence. Lily may not be her mom, but who's to say she's not looking to destroy the team once again?

Nick:

Oh wonderful. So many dancers here to audition for a troupe. Oh and another dancer is here. Perfect.