"It's okay." Stefan smiled.

"Any siblings?" Elena asked.

"None that I talk to. I live with my uncle."

"Well, I'm gonna go and order myself a burger." Jensen said, walking to the counter. "Cheeseburger and fries." He spoke, glancing back at his sister and friends.

H҈E҈Y҈ B҈R҈O҈T҈H҈E҈R҈,
H҈E҈Y҈ S҈I҈S҈T҈E҈R҈

"The battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war," Mr. Tanner said. "in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?"

"Um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." Bonnie nodded.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett."

"Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" Mr.Tanner asked.

"It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it."

"Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

Elena shook her head. "I'm sorry, I--I don't know."

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break."

Tanner's words made both the Gilbert siblings eyes look down, Jensen glaring down at the desk in front of him.

"There were 346 casualties, Unless you're counting local civilians." Stefan spoke.

"That's correct. Mister..."

"Salvatore."

"Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at mystic falls?"

Stefan tilted his head. "Distant."

"Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

"Actually, there were twenty-seven, sir. Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts. Mr. Tanner."

Tanner hummed, as he the rest of the class hummed.

H҈E҈Y҈ B҈R҈O҈T҈H҈E҈R҈,
H҈E҈Y҈ S҈I҈S҈T҈E҈R҈

Jensen swung a bottle, spinning in a circle, before taking another swing of his drink. "Jensen," Bonnie called to the boy. "how drunk are you?"

Jensen smiled, wide. "I have no clue. Got here a bit earlier."

Bonnie hummed. "Are you okay?"

Jensen nodded, flinging his head back, he took another swing from his drink, frowning as the bottle was empty.

H҈E҈Y҈ B҈R҈O҈T҈H҈E҈R҈,
H҈E҈Y҈ S҈I҈S҈T҈E҈R҈

When he heard screaming, his head snapped over. "Somebody help!" That was Elena's voice.

"Shit!" He yelled, stumbling for a moment before being able to balance himself and stand next to his siblings.

"Vicki? Vicki, What the hell?" Matt asked. "Somebody call an ambulance!"

"Everybody back up, give her some space!" Tyler yelled.

"It's her neck, something bit her. She's losing a lot of blood." Elena yelled, panicked.

Matt handed them his jacket to put against her wound. Jensen pressed the clothing to her neck. "Are you supposed to use a lot of pressure for a neck wound?" Jensen asked, trying to remember anything he had seen or read about neck wounds.

H҈E҈Y҈ B҈R҈O҈T҈H҈E҈R҈,
H҈E҈Y҈ S҈I҈S҈T҈E҈R҈

The ambulance showed up, taking Vicki.

Jensen sat next to his brother. "You alright?" Jensen asked. "She's gonna be alright."

Elena approaches the two. "I called Jenna, she's on her way. Those people in uniforms, last time I checked, they're the police." That didn't stop Jeremy from continuing to drink. "People are going to stop giving you breaks, Jer. They just don't care anymore. They don't remember that our parents are dead, because they've got their own lives to deal with. The rest of the world has moved on. You should try, too."

"I've seen you in the cemetery writing in your diary. Is that--Is that supposed to be you moving on?"  Jeremy snapped back.

"Mom and dad wouldn't have wanted this."

"Well, they're dead." Jensen said, to drink. "So, it doesn't matter what they would want."

H҈E҈Y҈ B҈R҈O҈T҈H҈E҈R҈,
H҈E҈Y҈ S҈I҈S҈T҈E҈R҈

Jensen had passed out in his room, after making sure that Jeremy and Elena were okay.

H҈E҈Y҈ B҈R҈O҈T҈H҈E҈R҈,
H҈E҈Y҈ S҈I҈S҈T҈E҈R҈

H҈E҈Y҈ B҈R҈O҈T҈H҈E҈R҈,H҈E҈Y҈ S҈I҈S҈T҈E҈R҈

{1484}