Chapter twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY: the last day

➶➶➶➶➶ h̴e̴y̴ b̴r̴o̴t̴h̴e̴r̴,̴ h̴e̴y̴ s̴i̴s̴t̴e̴r̴ ➷➷➷➷➷

"Tonight is the full moon." Elijah Mikaelson tells the three. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake?" Stefan asked. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah informed.

Damon entered the room. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan sighed.

"What is so difficult for you to understand?" Jensen asked the dark-haired vampire. "She can't do it."

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena told him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," Damon says, uncaring.

"I will hand you to Klaus for the needed vampire," Jensen threatened.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena tells him.

"All right, how do we break this curse?"  Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah speaks.

"The moonstone?" Stefan asked.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do we fit into it?" Elena asked, gesturing to herself and Jensen.

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf.  "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

Damon looks at Elena. Stefan takes Elena's hand. She looks at him. Elena takes Jensen's hand. "And that's where you come in."

Elijah opens up the box. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?" The twins asked.

"You are not doing this Elena."
"Jensen, it has to be me."