"S-she was right Derek, Laura was right about the alpha. She was right." Rose stuttered into the phone barely keeping herself from a breakdown, tears slipped past and down her cheeks.

Rose didn't miss the sound of Derek inhaling sharply as he asked once again, "What happened Rose?" She couldn't answer it and as soon as the question passed his lips and she heard it she broke down not knowing how to tell Derek what had happened to his sister.

After a few moments of silence Rose replied, "The alpha killed her, they found half of her body in the woods. I saw her myself and I heard it - the alpha's howl. She was right Derek, Laura was right about everything."

"Are you okay?" Derek asked automatically and Rose nodded shakily despite the fact that Derek could not see her.

"Y-yes, just shaken." Rose responded trembling as she spoke, it was hard to speak when all she wanted to was to weep over the death of a person so beloved to her. She knew that Derek did too no matter how much he acted void of all emotions.

"Go to the house Rose, I'll be there soon." Derek said.

"Okay." Rose said before hanging up the phone. She didn't move however to go the house instead she quivered as she dropped to the floor, Rose let herself cry tenderly as her mind showed glimpses of Laura dead on the forest floor. Like many images from the full moon, she would not be able to escape what she saw that night.

All darkness held captive by the sky had been released and in its wake came the welcoming light that Rose tried to lift her spirits with. Luck was never in Rose's favour but when Derek arrived she seemed to think otherwise. Rose was foolish at times. Derek had come trying to comfort not only himself but also Rose who he deemed needed it more than he did.

Rose was deep in the woods accompanied by a stream of water as she climbed upon rocks following a faint scent, it was the scent of the boy at the woods only the other day but this time it was different. Rose could not deny how the lycanthrope nature of him and his musk, it grew stronger with the thick aroma of fear that was lingering in Rose's nostrils. The boy moved quickly, too quickly for just a normal teenage boy - Rose knew that she and the boy whoever he was were exactly like each other. Rose walked carefully trying not to alert the boy of her presence, he was half-naked without a shirt as he wandered aimlessly with some attempt to go home.

The young werewolf was only a few feet behind the boy, her eyes drifting upwards towards the sky where the sun in its mightiest form hung high. Rose was grateful for the coming of day, the night sky always seemed to taunt her but the beautiful glowing light of day brought her such comfort she could have died and been a happy girl; she could lay with Laura and all would be right in the world.

Rose quickened her pace fearing she would lose the boy to her own insignificant thoughts about the sky that looked down on all of us. Her movement was detected instantly by the boy who swivelled around on his heel staring at Rose, just one look and already his eyes would not dare tear away from the sight before him. Her sweet melodic heartbeat rang his head like a forgotten favourite, he gulped audibly trying to strain himself - to try and not make a fool out of himself in front of the pretty girl. He suddenly became exposed his eyes casting down to his shirtless torso and instantly pink hues lined his cheeks like soldiers.

"Are you okay?" Rose's heartbeat no longer filled his thoughts but rather her voice laced with concern and a degree of tenderness that made him shiver. Why? He did not know but he was not afraid of her.

He realised she had asked him a question and felt almost stupid for taking so long to collect himself and answer. "I'm fine. I must have been sleepwalking." He replied flashing Rose a small smile but she wasn't convinced, the sound of his heart beating loud and erratic.