3

If someone were to ask Evangeline Vasiliev (not Hargreeves - she'd rather swallow glass than take the name she was supposed to take when she moved in at eight,) what her opinion was of the rest of the Umbrella Academy, she would give you one word.

Insufferable.

The siblings all had their abundance of issues stacked to the ceiling and to be thrown into that at a young age was certainly interesting.

The majority of her years were spent being avoided by nearly all of them and going through the shelves in the library.

Even now she trapsed the halls with a book in her hand, not all too bothered by the recent death in the so called 'family.'

Her bony fingers brushed the last few pages as her shoes tapped on the wooden floors. The library was her second home and she'd almost gone through the entirety of the shelves after twenty two years of residing within the dreary walls.

Not all of them were insufferable, of course. Vanya didnt have a mean bone in her body. Klaus was a jokester without a filter and an interesting sense of humour. Ben had shared her enjoyment of literature and they spent nights reading in the old armchairs past their bedtime. Allison and Luther avoided her enough for her to not miss out on their friendship and she couldnt have cared less. They were all unsufferable at times, of course.

Five Hargreeves had been incredibly insufferable.

But Five Hargreeves was a lot of things to Evangeline Vasiliev.

To her, he was everything; he had been more, at one time.