Chapter Three

Chapter Three (Anthony)

I finally got home and sat in my tub, relaxing in the warm water and amongst the piles of bubbles. Of course, nothing made a bath better than a good bottle of Budlight. I took a swig and set it on the side of the tub beside me before I dunked under the water, only to resurface a moment later.

I bathed for a little longer, letting the warm water sooth me and the alcohol settle into my blood stream before I reluctantly got out, heading to my room where I tugged on a pair of boxers and a loose gray V-neck. I went downstairs to my living room and snapped on the television. By then, my first bottle of beer was done and I wanted more.

I went to my fridge, then paused to see that there was nothing else, but a bottle of champagne that I kept in the back.

The bottle was more a reminder of something that I could do and would do when the time was right.

Definitely not something I wanted to get into right now, so I closed the door and looked around in frustration. I couldn't drive around right now, not with this much alcohol in my system, but I needed it. In fact, I was getting antsy.

I paced around my kitchen, opening cupboards and checking old boxes around the house. The amount of Budlight boxes and cans and bottles that had taken up space around my house was unbelievable. I went to the side door of my house and stepped into the small space that led to my driveway. I opened my trash can to double check that I hadn't thrown a full can away.

"Good evening, Mr. Stewart." The woman's voice made the hairs on the back of my neck rise as I stiffened before looking up to see my neighbor, Carol Kendleton. She'd been my neighbor for a couple years now, and always got on my nerves. She lived with her fiance, Daryl, and the two of them were the perfect couple. They never fought, always joked around and had fun together, and for some reason, that pissed me off.

Carol was pretty enough with strawberry blonde hair that she had flipped up into a hairclip right now, her dark green eyes watching me over her thick black glasses.

"Hey, Carol." I muttered. She smiled warmly, coming up to the fence that seperated her yard from mine, resting her overly large breasts on the fence. I wonder if she knew that her salmon colored t-shirt made her boobs look even bigger, not that I was interested.

"You do realize it's midnight and you're out here in the cold in your undies." She stated, cocking a brow. She was teasing me because she thought it was cute. It just annoyed me.

"Yup. Thought I threw something important away." I deadpanned, then started for the door when Carol called my name again and I glanced over my shoulder at her to see her smiling at me, cocking her head.

"Dare and I are having a movie night next week. It'd be super cool if you came. You seem like a swell guy." She added, as if that would make me want to come. I stared at her for a while, then averted my eyes.

"I dunno, maybe. I'll have to check my schedule." I told her flatly, making her beam and push off the fence, her bunny slippers crunching in the snow.

"Awesome, awesome! Get back to me as soon as you can! Talk to ya later!" She waved before bounding back into the house like an excited puppy. I seriously considered buying Daryl a leash for her for Christmas, but he'd take it the wrong way and punch me. Daryl didn't like me too much and I knew it. He faked it for Carol, but I knew he hated me being around his woman. A stupid thing too because I didn't care for her at all. In fact, if anything, she was annoying.

I went back into the house, feeling even more tense and irritated than before.

I needed alcohol and I needed it now.