Soulmate AU

AU in which when people turn 16, whatever their soulmate writes on themselves appears on their skin. Also, they're humans here so it's not the 6000th birthday or something. I am so SOFT for soulmate au prompts and had to write one. Sorry this took so long. I wanted to make one big chapter over a bunch of short ones. I'm not the proudest of this one, but I tried.
I'd like to dedicate this to my boi alexgivesnofucks His AU inspired me to write my own. Thanks bro.
—————————

      Aziraphale was a mess. It's his 16th birthday and  he received his first message from his soulmate; a doodle of a snake on their wrist. He decided to tell this person that he can see their writings now.

       "Hello," he wrote. No response. Aziraphale was an anxious kid. What if she's still fifteen, he thought. The author laughs. She knows he's gayer than a tree of monkeys of nitrous oxide. All I know about her is that she likes snakes. That's it. What do I do? The other person began to write back.

        "Hi. Happy birthday." Relief washed over him.

        "Thanks. I'm guessing you want my name? How long have you been seeing my notes?"

     "I'm fine without your name. I know we fall in love eventually, so what does it matter? And a year. You scribble down quite a few book titles. I looked up a couple. You're such a sap!" Aziraphale reddened. She must know I'm scatterbrained and a bookworm. So what if I like romance? It's not like I have any friends other than Gabriel, of course, but I don't think he actually likes me.

      "Ouch!" It was a little sloppy now, seeing as he had run out of room on his left wrist and started on the right.

On the other side of the pen was a young man named Anthony, but everyone called him by his last name, Crowley. He laughed at the other boy's responses. Or at least he thinks his soulmate will be a boy. He's fallen quite a bit for this boy already, looking into the book titles he writes down. All philosophy, classics, and romance books.

"You must think I'm such a scatter brain!" The boy wrote back.

       "Not at all. It's endearing." Aziraphale softened. She seems so kind!

"Where do you live? Want to meet up after school?"

"Mayfair. You?"

"Soho."

"See you then, cutie. :D" Crowley was not one for smiley faces, but this boy was just too much! Of course he would draw one, in the hope it would make him smile.

       Aziraphale waved to his parents in the bookshop they all ran together as he walked out the door and made his way to school.

Class came. Aziraphale was bouncy and excited.

"What are you so happy about?" Gabriel asked with a frown.

"You know what today is?"

"Not a clue." Aziraphale was taken aback. How could my only friend forget my birthday?

"My sixteenth birthday! I talked to my soulmate this morning," he said, slightly less bouncily.

       "Oh really? What did she have to say?" And then a moment of hesitation. "It is a she, right?" Gabriel has his suspicions. But then again, Gabriel is the worst in the author's not so humble opinion.

        "We're going to meet up after school! And yes, a she." Wait, he thinks. Gender didn't come up. I certainly hope my soulmate is a she. Gabriel and my family will reject me if she isn't!