Family Vacation Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Trixie, baby, don't worry. Lucifer's taking us on a private jet." Chloe explains.

The worry drained from Trixie's face, filled instead with a joy that made Lucifer deathly terrified she might try to hug him.

"A PRIVATE JET!" Trixie says in surprise.

"Yes urchin say it a little louder and I'm sure our friends would manage to hear you too." mumbles Lucifer.

"THANK YOU LUCIFER!" Trixie screams, bringing Lucifer's fears to life and jumping on the bed, giving Lucifer and death hug.

"Er, yes, you're welcome urchin." Lucifer says uneasily. "Alright that's enough now." he says after Trixie still hasn't let go. "Urchin?" he says as the breath leaves his body. "Alright that's enough now." he says again, picking her up and flopping her down on top of her mother.

The girl goes down giggling. She looks up at her mother from on her lap.

"Morning mum."

Chloe squeezed her daughter, kissing her cheek. "Good morning, monkey."

"Should I go get ready still?" she asks.

"Yes, the flight still leaves at the same time baby, it just doesn't matter if we're late." Chloe explains, giving her daughter another kiss.

"Okay." Trixie says, hopping off the bed. "THANK YOU LUCIFER!" she shouts again, her voice getting quieter as she raced out the room, almost tripping over the shoe she had left in the doorway.

"Something special you have there, detective." Lucifer chuckles, climbing out of bed.

"I know." says Chloe, smiling. "She's the most important person in the world to me." she says, making Lucifer frown.

"What about me?" he asks, bottom lip jutting out ever so slightly.

"You're second." Chloe chuckles, and Lucifer scoffs, clearly not pleased.

"You are both the same most equal important beings in my life." she says. "Better?"

Lucifer huffs. "Good enough, dear. Though I do find it rather insulting being put on the same level as the urchin."

Lucifer exits into the bathroom, narrowing dodging the pillow that Chloe throws after him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Time 07:20

"Mum, what are we having for breakfast?" Trixie asks as her mother leaves the master bedroom, her suitcase in tow.

"Uh, hmm, lemme think baby." she says, letting out a breath of air and wrapping her arms around her daughter.

"They're serving breakfast n the plane." Lucifer explains in passing, taking Chloe's suitcase from her hand. "I'll take this for you."

"Oh, thanks Lucifer." Chloe says.

Lucifer hummed, moving around the room, making sure everything was preciously in order, and taking his sweet time at it too. He didn't bother stop to look at Chloe once, and she got the feeling he might be doing that for a reason. Was he avoiding her?

"Lucifer?" she asks.

"Yes, dear?" he replies, shining the counter of his bar so much you could see his reflection through it.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, as he went over to now dust the sofas.

"Yup, everything's good." he says, now wiping the windows.

"Lucifer?" she says, grabbing his arm. "Lucifer hey."

The devil stops what he is doing to look down at Chloe, eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asks concerned as Trixie waits by the door.

"What, yes of course detective. Didn't you hear?"

He moves to wipe the windows again, but Chloe stops him.

"Lucifer." she says seriously. He won't look at her now. "Lucifer, what's wrong? Please tell me."

Lucifer sighs. "It's," he begins, then his face goes dark. "It's my father."

"Your father?" Chloe repeats.

"Yes." Lucifer says, peering out of the window onto the city below. "He's coming with us."

"With us? On our trip?" Chloe asks.

"Yes." Lucifer says, throwing down the rubber gloves and the cloth he had been using a moment ago.

"Why?" Chloe asks.

Lucifer took a deep breath. "It's Amenadiel." he explains, sitting on the edge of the leather couch. "He invited him. Apparently he's already at the bloody airport, too, so no chance of leaving him behind."

Chloe didn't bother mention that Lucifer's father, being God, would probably be able to follow them anyways.

"Why do you think Amenadiel invited him?" Chloe asked.

"It was him and the doctor's idea." Lucifer said scornfully. "Some sort of 'bonding exercise'. Bloody ridiculous if you ask me."

Chloe didn't like that. She understood that Amenadiel and Linda wanted Lucifer and his father to make up, she would like that too. But it had to be Lucifer's choice of when. It wasn't fair of them to just spring it on him when they were getting ready to go have fun.

"Well, forget what Linda or Amenadiel think." Chloe began, kneeling in front of Lucifer and taking his hand in hers. "What do you want? Do you want us to no go?"

Lucifer relaxed with her touch, but he looked conflicted.

"Well we have to go, detective." he said, glancing back at Trixie who was playing a game on her phone. "The urchin's been wanting this for how long. I can't exactly spoil you and your daughter's vacation."

"Lucifer, if you don't want to go, we don't have to." Chloe said. "I'm sure Trixie wouldn't mind."

Lucifer seemed to think about it for a minute.

"No, detective." Lucifer said all of a sudden, standing up. "I will not let my father win. We will go on that vacation and we will have fun and my bloody good-for-nothing dad can stand in the corner and watch for all I care."

"Alright Lucifer, but as long as you handle this maturely." Chloe says, unsure.

"I will handle this maturely detective." says Lucifer, striding past Trixie and into the elevator. "I will avoid my father like the plague."