Chapter Fourteen: The Deal

Chapter Fourteen

The Deal

Anastasia and Caleb stood silently in the forest waiting for their ambush, but despite Clarrisa's threat none came. Anastasia suddenly heard leaves crunch from behind her. She whipped around to see Evangeline, she tackled Anastasia to the ground. Evangeline held up her hand thorny vines sprouting from it. Her knees became tighter around Anastasia's waist as she held her down on the forest floor.

"I wish it didn't have to be like this," She said her forest green eyes filled with fear.

Anastasia's eyes flickered red, "Me too."

Evangeline flew off of her to the other side of the forest. Evangeline looked at Anastasia, but this time not with defeat. With sadness. Anastasia ignored her and turned to see Caleb his mouth moving quickly with whispers. She saw Ash's eyes go wide like she was about to be tortured all over again. The fire evaporated from her hands and she fell to the ground and started to wail in agony.

"Caleb!" Ash choked, "Please."

All Caleb did was laugh as Ash pulled at her white hair and screamed. Anastasia held out a hand in front of Caleb.

"Enough!"

Caleb closed his mouth with a smirk. Ash stopped screaming and fell to the ground head in hands. Anastasia smirked at her pathetic expression as tears streamed down her face.

"You really are evil!" Ash sneered.

Anastasia crossed her arms and smiled.

"Something you will never be."

Anastasia lifted Ash's chin and nicked her with her dagger drawing blood.

"Now get out of here," she said, wiping the fresh blood from her dagger.

Ash made her way over to Evangeline who was standing at the edge of the territory.

"You can't just give up like that," she heard Evangeline say to Ash.

"It's no use, there is no one to save anymore," Ash said glaring at Anastasia.

Anastasia turned away from them, heavy breathing coming from behind her. Clarrisa gave her an insane smile and cocked her head.

"Time to pay Anastasia," she sneered.

Anastasia spotted the blue butterfly flying near Clarrisa, the butterfly she hadn't seen in years. Mariposa. Anastasia's lips curled in fury as Clarrisa turned the butterfly into a beautiful girl, with waist-long auburn hair and piercing blue eyes. She never forgot how her soft pink lips moved into a smirk after she had kissed Merlin that summer night in Camelot. Agatha should have never granted her happiness. That's why being a villain was easier, no one asked for mercy.

"Can't fight yourself now can you?" Anastasia laughed, "need your little butterfly to help you."

She heard a small chuckle come from Caleb as he wrapped his arm around Anastasia's waist. Clarrisa gnashed her teeth at the couple and shot a spell at Anastasia sending her skidding across the bluegrass. Her vision turned blurry and she held her chest. She saw Caleb, Mariposa had him pinned to the ground.

"Well aren't you a pretty one," she said stroking him with her glowing finger.

Caleb smiled at her.

"You're the pretty one."

Anastasia's eyes went wide, but Caleb turned to her with a wink.

"Me," she said, placing a delicate hand on her chest in surprise.