"In all seriousness though man, I'm so proud of you." Zach appeared serious for the first time in at least a year, and Alex couldn't reply with anything but a nervous nod. "I love you bro." He ruffled his hair, placing a sloppy kiss to the side of his head.

"ZACHH." Jessica slapped his hand, swatting it away from Alex as she desperately combed his hair back into place with her fingers. "Don't mess up his hair, god I spent ages doing it earlier." She scolded.

Alex laughed, his nerves fading slightly as he rolled his eyes. "She's right, stood there stressing over it for approximately 40 minutes." He joked. "Still looks the bloody same." He covered his mouth with his hand, jokingly  whispering to Zach as Jess linked arms with Carolyn, motioning for Zach to follow as they headed for the gardens.

They were both a bridesmaid and a groomsman in the ceremony, alongside Alex's brother Peter, Tyler and Estella, Zach's little sister Mae, and Luke, the one other Liberty Tiger that had become Charlie's best man. Alex watched them line up at the door, shooting a curl of the lips to the rest of the groom party who looked back at him excitedly. He watched them begin to file out down towards the aisle, arms looped, the boys in deep purple suits, the girls in white dresses. Charlie had thought it would be ironic to dress the bridesmaids up in the bridal colour, since neither of there were planning on wearing a dress down the aisle.

"Time to go son." Alex felt his dad loop his arm in his, walking him carefully to the door. His anxious expression was plastered across his face, easily noticed by his father who turned to look at him one final time as they stood behind the closed doors. "I'm so proud of you, you know that right?" He pressed a light kiss to his son's forehead, Alex struggling to stifle back his impending tears, his watery smile genuine as he nodded.

"You know, they are the cuff links I wore the day I married your mum." He pursed his lips in reminiscence, smiling down at his son's grey coloured suit, purple handkerchief and his silver cuff links. "And they have been worn during every good memory in my life since. The birth of you and your brother, your graduation, Charlie's first big game with the New York Giants, and now today." The older man could feel himself well, gently brushing his finger over the silver. "From today on, I want you to keep them, so they can bring you as much luck and happiness as they brought me. You deserve all the happiness in the world Alex, I hope you know that." He sniffed, chuckling softly as he watched his son nod, glassy eyed, his gaze suddenly making contact with his dad. "I love you."

"I love you too dad." Alex choked, sucking in a deep breath as he squeezed his hand tight. He could hear the band play, it was time. "Let's do this."

As the doors swung open, Alex felt himself grow giddy with excitement. The sun shone beautifully on the flowers laid along the aisle, the seats beside it full with the likes of Tony and Caleb, Clay, Ani, almost the entire class of the 2020 Liberty Tigers, and not to forget over half of the New York Giants team, people that his brother Peter was currently fangirling about.

He didn't care about any of that though. All he could see in that moment was Charlie. Charlie St. George. His best friend, his rock, his person, stood valiantly under the altar, his hands nervously interlinked, his gaze fixated on Alex's shaky smile. In that moment, the dread pit in Alex's stomach was replaced by fluttering butterflies, his heart swelling as he began to walk towards his man.

In that moment, surrounded by sweet melodies, his friends and family, and his fiancé's beautiful eyes, he felt infinite.
.
.
"Now for the reading of the vows." The vicar nodded encouragingly at Charlie, the younger boy now fumbling in his jacket pocket for a crumpled note, unfolding it with an unsteady grip as he gulped back the lingering lump in his throat.

He felt himself take Alex's hand, massaging it in an attempt to relax the both of them as he began to read.

"Alex, when I met you for the first time I felt my heart both stop and shatter in unison. Your eyes instantly took my breath away, they looked so kind, so honest and innocent, that I was captivated by their beauty. I always remembered asking myself why someone with the purest heart and the kindest soul couldn't be kind to himself, and that thought broke me. I vowed to myself that day that I would make it my mission to allow you to see yourself the way I see you, both selfless and beautiful. As we stand here today, I hope you know not just how much I love you, but how much everyone here loves you. You're the reason I want to wake up in the morning, and the person I look forward to coming home to at night. You make me a better person Lex, and I hope that one day you'll treat yourself with as much kindness as you treat me with. Until then, I vow to be your rose tinted life goggles, your protector and your sunshine on a rainy day. You're my person, and I still have to pinch myself each day when I wake up and realise I'm yours. Our love is infinite Alex, a fairytale that I'm sure will never end. You're my everything and more, and I can't wait to begin the rest of our lives together."

Charlie could feel himself grow flushed red and trembly. He smiled through a watery wall of tears as he gripped Alex's hand tighter, the older boy desperately trying to keep it together as he heard Jessica and Zach falling apart behind him.

"I love you." Alex mouthed, teary eyed as he fumbled for his own crumpled note, hidden in his inside pocket.

Charlie's speech was beautiful, his heart fluttering with every damn word. How the hell could he top that.

Nevertheless he took a deep breath, clearing his throat as he smiled up at Charlie, his soon to he husband who was already a mess before he'd even said the first word. He let out an anxious and inaudible chuckle as he begun.

"Charlie, after everything we have been through, it's hard to put it all into words. I have sat over this piece of paper for many hours, trying to come up with something perfect enough to say. But that's the problem, it's not possible. No one is perfect, and no one ever will be. The days we spend trying to censor ourselves, hide ourselves, will be the days we never get back, and though I'm not always happy with myself, I'm happier being me than anyone else. I'm happy with not being perfect, because I have you, and that's as close as perfect gets.

I never thought that I would find love. I didn't think I deserved it, let alone knew what it would ever truly feel like. That's why I was so shocked, so shocked when I saw you. My mind couldn't process my emotions anymore, my heart fluttered when you were around. Let's just say, I hated to call you my best friend.

I fell in love the first time I saw you. I fell in love with the way your eyes shone when you laughed. I fell in love with the way you liked the smell of fresh Avocados and eggs in the morning. I fell in love with the small things. The way time seemed to slow when I was by your side, and the loud and horrible thoughts in my head silenced when I thought of you. You were my anchor, the one who finally pulled me onto the shore when I was convinced my fate was to be swallowed up in my own self hatred. You not only taught me to love you, but you taught me to love myself, and although I'm not quite there yet, you make me a better person every day.

So that day all those years ago, when I confessed my love for you whilst dancing to our  favourite song, was the day I knew my life finally had a direction, a meaning. I love you Charlie, and I have never been more grateful to be a-alive and in y-your a-arms."

He stuttered at the end, his eyes watering as he finished. Charlie had no words, nothing that could top his amazing speech. He wanted to hug him, but his legs felt like jelly. Alex's words overpowered him, his heart no longer beating rapidly, but now too quickly to process. He stared into his beautiful blues, a salty tear now running down his cheek.

How could he say there was no such thing as perfection. Maybe because he was perfection. Charlie managed to shuffle towards his shaky figure embracing him as Alex buried his head into the crook of his neck. He sobbed into his jet black suit jacket, and regardless of others watching, he pulled back and kissed him passionately on the lips. Alex smirked through giddy tears and kissed back.
.
.
"Do you Alex Standall take Charlie Hayden Brixton St. George to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

There was the question he had been waiting for. His stomach turned, the atmosphere silent and tense as his family and friends awaited his response. He closed his eyes, opening them to gaze directly into Charlie's innocent orbs, his eyes a beautiful view Alex couldn't wait to wake up to every day for the rest of his life. In that moment he could only say two words.

"I do."

"And do you, Charlie Hayden Brixton St. George, take Alex Standall to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Charlie felt terrified, his heart in his mouth as he could feel hundreds of eyes on him. He felt Alex squeeze his hands in reassurance, his mind suddenly calming as he began to focus on him. Suddenly the world felt small again as if everyone had disappeared. Alex wasn't just his love, he was his safety blanket; one he vowed to never leave in that moment.

"I do."

"By the power vested in me by the state of California, I now pronounce you legally married." The vicar beamed, chuckling softly in glee as the crowd began to erupt. Alex could hear Jessica screaming, his parents sobbing and clapping as Charlie leaned forward to cup his tear stained cheeks. "You may seal the marriage with a kiss." The lady motioned, stepping back as the boys locked lips, their foreheads touching, their fingers intertwining.

As they stood hand in hand, sweet music surrounding them, their friends cheering, their eyes shining with happy tears, they knew the fairytale was yet to end, in fact their story had only just begun.

A/N: Thank you so much for the support!! ❤️