Chapter 2: First Day

Start from the beginning

   No, no. That won't do. Then the other clothes will stink.

   I completely shifted all of the clothes and school materials to one bag, putting my dirty clothes in the other.

   Perfect. Why didn't I think of that before?

   I wondered, irritated as to how I could be so foolish as to not come up with that idea earlier.

   I picked up one article of clothing at a time, almost slipping my shirt on before I looked into the mirror and saw my unwashed face.

   I look so dirty. I know I shouldn't worry about it but if I'm going to a new school then I don't want to stink.

   I shook my head, putting the clothes I just put on into the separate bag while taking out my dirty clothes from it simultaneously.

   I put on my dirty clothes, at least wanting to wash my hands before doing anything else. I dried my hands on my hoodie, pulling my hood up once again, unlocking the bathroom door, and walking right out into the open once more. I breathed in the polluted air, closing my eyes for a bit. I walked through the alleyway and into the busy streets, noticing a huge television on a skyscraper that was announcing something on the news. I stopped and looked up at the giant television, as did almost everybody on the bustling street.

   "And now we will show a clip of a news report from Newfound Canada. Warning: viewer discretion is advised," A man with black hair, deep brown, slanted eyes warned the watching crowd before they showed the news report from that day on the plane.

This caught me off guard as I saw the corpses of my dead crewmates again. Seeing them almost made me tear up, even though we were trained to be emotionless, lean, mean, killing machines, all five of us became friends. I missed them in all honesty but seeing that they died in such a terrible way was horrific. I looked around and saw some people scoffing and moving on, rolling their eyes, some were shocked, some were completely emotionless and unfeeling, and some seemed happy.

   "Pfft, they got what they deserved. They had it coming," I heard one guy said before bumping into me and carrying on.

I wanted to smack him upside the head, but I knew I couldn't. Just after he had passed and I threw a 'tsk' in his direction, another report came on.

   "We still have no clue who the mystery leader of the original Gen Z is. We are trying our very best to find out who she is, but her identity remains a mystery after days of research."

   Well duh. They aren't going to just give you any information about me and my team. What are you, stupid?

   I scuffed, not even noticing another news channel had piped up on the giant screen until something the woman said on TV caught my attention.

   "One moment. Breaking news: a recent report from Canada just informed the whole world that there's a good chance that the leader of the group named 'Project X' is alive. We have no leads on her disappearance nor her whereabouts. Moving on,..."

   I blocked the woman from my mind, not allowing her voice to enter through my ears further.

   Kudos to them, they're not completely stupid after all. They found out that I'm alive. Well, at least, they took a guess and said that there's a probability of me being alive. Little do they know I'm among them. Watching. Waiting. Waiting ever so patiently for trouble to arise in the bright city of Tokyo.

   I continued my way down the busy streets, looking for a place to wash up. People continued looking up to the skyscraper in shock as they heard the announcement that I was possibly alive. I glanced up once I was done crossing the street, only to see the channel had changed once again. I kept my head low, though I knew that nobody knew who I was or what I was up to. I kept glancing from side to side, continuing my search for a place to wash up.
Out of nowhere, I saw exactly what I was looking for not too far ahead through the large window of a big building. A public, yet not so public washroom and powder room in one. I pushed open the metal door with ease, on my right were multiple stalls, multiple sinks along with separate hand towels and some hand soap too, I assumed this was the powder room side. On my left were even more stalls with showers inside. Each of the stalls was separated by mini compartments that were supposed to hold your things and where you get dressed, I supposed that this was the washroom side.
I randomly chose a stall and put my things down. The compartment had nice shampoo, nice conditioner, even nice body wash, and a nice, fluffy towel. I undressed, put my shoes on the side bench along with the bags I brought along, turned on the shower, and hopped in. The water was so warm, it cascaded down my body, onto the beautifully tiled floor, and into the drain. Only then had I noticed that I hadn't let my form show in a while, though I had not noticed, my stamina was draining just from keeping my form hidden. I decided to allow my abnormalities to show, considering no one else was there and I wanted to save my energy.