"His Jealousy"

Not a saint, but do I have to be?

He was mad at her. She could feel it.
He hadn't talked to her since he discovered that she was once infatuated with Celasun and soon to be married to him. The man had literal steam coming out of his nose as he entered the house and demanded her to tell everything. Apparently that bastard had gone to Azer and bragged about having 'had' Karaca first, which was definitely not true.

"Why is no one guarding the door! Do I pay you to sleep!"
Karaca was startled as she heard Azer's screams from their room. She went down the stairs to see Azer in the middle of destroying all the crockery laying on the table.
"Azer! What are you doing!? What happened?"
"Why don't you tell me Karaca?  Why don't you tell me about this Celasun?" Azer inquired in a deadly calm voice. Azer never shouted at her of course, but this tone was un-nerving her more. This was precisely what she was trying to avoid when she skipped the details of her almost-forced marriage to Celasun.
"Azer, what are you talking about? Speak clearly lutfen."
"That bastard, that scoundrel had the nerve to walk into MY office and demand that I RELEASE you!! He said that I was holding you against your will! My own wife!"
"Azer, calm do- "
"Ne Karaca? Ne? That bastard had the nerve to claim you as HIS!!! He said that you two were lovers before I snatched you!!!And I am not even going mention the rest of the nonsense he spewed about MY WIFE!! Allah'im I will go crazy!!" Azer held his head as he sat down.
"Azer bana bak, I will tell you everything when you calm down," Karaca pleaded as she handed him a glass of water.
"Karaca don't change the topic; were you supposed to be married to him?"
"Evet. Yamac amca had arranged our wedding. That's why I ran to you Azer."
"Did you love Celasun? Were you two lovers?" Azer asked in a feeble voice, almost as if he was scared to hear the answer.
"I never loved him. I was infatuated with him Azer. I just wanted someone to see me, that's all. I'm not proud of my past with him, but I have left him where he belongs, in the pas-"
"Tamam Karaca." Azer said as he left the house again.

And now he wasn't talking to her. He would come late and leave early in the morning, but every night he would come to their room and snuggle her from behind, but still refused to talk to her. This had been going on for three days, and she was tired! Tired of how he refused to communicate with her. Why was his first response was always to run away?? Even when they first kissed, he ran away from the house instead of giving her a chance to say anything.
Today they both were to attend some business function, and worse, the Kocovalis were expected to be there too. And she didn't want Azer to be in bad mood, so she planned to talk to him before they left. She had selected a Black strapless evening dress with some diamond earrings; just one of the many things Azer had filled her wardrobe with. That man sure knew how to spoil her!

As she mulled over her makeup, her phone ringed

As she mulled over her makeup, her phone ringed. She opened her phone to see a message from Azer saying he couldn't make it and would meet her directly at the venue.
Karaca was fuming! He was incorrigible and she was going to teach him a lesson, she thought as she applied a bold red lipstick and got ready to leave.
------------------------------------------------------
As she reached the ballroom, she looked around for Azer but couldn't find him. Unbeknownst to her, she had attracted the attention of most of the men in the room who were wondering who this docile beauty was. As she made her way around, a man cut her way.