(19)

Tears fill her eyes as she stares at the ground

Tears fill her eyes as she stares at the ground. After a week, she had finally agreed. Finally agreeing to hear Chris out, just to put it out of her misery. He had made efforts to make things brighter for her. Allowing her hands to be free again but with promises that she wouldn't pull the same thing over again.

He couldn't have it again.

He had begged with tears in his eyes. The sight alone of seeing it, despite her anger and distrust in the man. Some part of her still loved him, it made all the more difficult to hear him telling her the things he was.

Maybe she would hate him from it.

It wasn't something she was sure of just yet.

He had found his way to the bed. For the first time in a week, she didn't flinch or cry when he got near her. Chris had felt like it was a good first step for the future. He can't imagine one without her.

"I was just fed up with him doing what he was doing to you."

He shakes his head, his gloved hands flexing from where they sat at her lower leg.

"He wasn't treating you the way he should have."

Her skin is crawling as she listening to this.

The tears that hadn't stopped since this, it had been a nightmare. It making her sick to her stomach as she is listening to the horrific details from the man who she isn't even sure how she feels anymore towards. Despite the obvious fact, she is absolutely heartbroken.

In her head, it's survival mode.

It's all she can really think.

"I didn't do this to hurt you. It wasn't what i wanted to do."

He whispers.

His hand going to hers, entangling them.

"You just didn't deserve Daniel. He wasn't for you."

Her eyes flick to his, red and puffy as she stares into the caramel colored gems. The very ones that use to make her world turn with every single look she would get from him.

The way the light hit them just right, it made everything better for her. It would make her smile on the saddest days. It was once her rock, now it was filled with torture and hatred.

As they stared at her, filled with admiration and adoration towards her. All she could see was Daniel in them, his last words being the ones Chris had confessed to her. It made her stomach turn, knot, and clench to whatever it was.

It made her feel weak and pathetic.

"He was using you."

She's trying to find some type of life in them.

Something other than murder and horror. She had tuned him out long ago, after the whole crunching of the ribs detail. It had made her sick. She was just a decent human being. All she wanted was to be loved. She had found that.