To Gather Your Courage {Neville Longbottom}

Začať od začiatku

"Are you sure?" I ask her, my voice quiet as my stomach churned from nerves. Thoughts raced in my head, wondering if Hermione was wrong or if I made a fool of myself in front of him or if I just completely freeze in his presence or if he really fancies Luna and not me at all. Hermione sends me a soft smile and places her hand on my shoulder.

"Neville is shy, he may fancy you, but I think you'll have to be willing to make the first movie," she practically whispers, leaning down to my height and pointing at something past me.

I turn my head, following the direction of her finger, her finger leading me to the eyes of Neville Longbottom. He was looking at me. And I hadn't even noticed before. He smiles at me, showing a lot of teeth and throwing his forearm up to send me an awkward wave. I laugh lightly and wave back. I only look away when Neville turns back to Ginny after a few moments. I turn my head to Hermione and my smile widens.

"Maybe I will."

It was after Herbology and after everyone had left that I stayed back, planted in my seat. Neville had also stayed back, but instead of sitting and staring at himself like I was, he was rather helping Professor Sprout clean up the room.

It took a few moments for him to lift his head up from the supplies and spot me. When he did, he jumped, the gardening supplies jumbling in his arms. We both laughed, mine more freely as his sounded more tense. Understandably with supplies overflowing in your arms. He chuckles once again as he sets them back down on the table. He walks up the row and sits across from me.

"What're you still doin' in here?" He asks, his specific accent making my heart melt. I smile nervously and look down to fiddle with a loose string on my robes. I briefly wondered if Mrs. Weasley could fix the hole that will probably grow in that spot before I realized Neville had asked me a question.

"I actually wanted to talk to you," I say, managing to look him in the eye. He smiles lightly and nods. I breathe in deeply as my stomach churns again for the umpteenth time.

"What about?" He asks, kindly, his face showing true patience for me to be ready to speak. Ever the gentleman.

"Well... hogsmeade is this weekend," I note with a nod. Neville smiles widely, causing me to swallow thickly.

"Yeah, yeah! Really looking forward to it," Neville says excitingly, a wide smile on his face. I look down as he begins fiddling with something in his lap as well.

"Oh, are you— are you going with someone?" I ask, the nerves violently clawing up my body. My eyes flicker up to his and my heart flutters like a butterfly trapped in a cage.

"Loads of people, really. Luna, Ginny, Dean, Seamus," Neville explains, listing off some of our friends. My gaze stays on him as I try desperately not to let them express the sorrow whirling around my body like a storm. Luna.

"Luna," I state. "I see," I add, leaving his soft gaze and moving to look at the plants surrounding us.

"But I would..." Neville trials off, making my eyes snap back to his. He shifted in his seat continuously; not sitting still. His eyes darted around us, he kept rolling his shoulders, and his smile kept slipping as if it was hard for him to keep it on. "I would really like it if you came along as well. If—if you want that is," Nevillie finishes, a flush on his cheeks. My eyes widen, an anxious laugh leaving me.

"I would like to go, of course I would! I was just hoping..." I trail off, my eyes drifting away from his. I sit on my hands, hoping to stop my fumbling fingers.

"Yes?" Neville asked curiously. He bent his head, trying to catch my eye. I laugh lightly and give in, leaning my arms on the table and looking up at him.