Part IV

As Win gets ready to leave, his phone goes off from on his bed. He walks over to it and lifts it into his hands, typing in his password before reading the text.

From: Bright

To: Win

Hey.

Sent: 7:48 PM

Though it's short, it's enough to make Win's heart stop. A month have passed since their break up and this is the first time Win is hearing from him besides what other people at the university spread about him. He takes a deep breath, debating on whether he should reply. One text could lead him anywhere; it could lead him back to Bright. But, knowing he might regret it later, he begins to write out a reply.

From: Win

To: Bright

Hi

Sent: 7:54 PM

Bright replies within the next minute, as if he's sitting at home staring at his phone and waiting for Win to text back. But Win knows he wouldn't be doing that. That's impossible.

From: Bright

To: Win

How are you?

Sent: 7:55 PM

From: Win

To: Bright

I'm fine, you?

Sent: 7:57 PM

From: Bright

To: Win

Fine.

Sent: 7:58 PM

Win stares at the reply for a moment. He can see right through it, just like he could see right through Bright. He could see he was anything but fine.

From: Win

To: Bright

That's good

Sent: 8:00 PM

From: Bright

To: Win

Are you going to 'Paskuhan' tonight?

Sent: 8:00 PM

From: Win

To: Bright

Yeah, I have to. I'm covering it for 'The Varsitarian'.

Sent: 8:01 PM

Once Win hits send, he realizes he probably should have asked if he was as well, but by the time he starts typing, Bright's reply has already come through. "He's quick," Win mumbles to himself as he makes his keyboard disappear so that he can read the text.

From: Bright

To: Win

Okay.

Sent: 8:02 PM

Win wonders if he should text back, but he ends up deciding not to and just turns his phone off, setting it back on his bed. Why did he want to know if he was going to the event? Could it be that he's planning something or was he just being friendly? He shakes his head. He had to have been just being friendly, taking the initiative to be nice to him because he feels bad for the way they left things. Yeah, that's it.

So, with a sigh, Win lets it go and continues to get dressed.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

WHAT THE FACT! 🤪
The 'Paskuhan' is an annual tradition and the culmination of the university wide Christmas activities of the University of Santo Tomas (UST), a private, Catholic university and the oldest university in the Philippines and in Asia. 'The Varsitarian' is the official student publication of UST and is considered to be one of the first student newspaper in the Philippines.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

(A/N: Sawadee krap! I hope y'all like this short update 😌 If you have any comments, suggestions or violent reactions, please let me know. Don't forget to vote 😘)