05 | The Promised Neverland

Start from the beginning

Ishigami commented, "I only ever go outside when someone forced me to."

"I haven't seen daylight for days.." Amajiki sulked in his seat, gaining attention. He later covered his face and suddenly regrets that he even said anything.

Zenitsu panicked in place for the cattle children, "But what about the sweets sold on the streets? What about the handsome 'n pretty cuties at the beach?"

"N-No.."

"What even is a beach?" Eren pushed his hands away, completely bewildered.

Ray stares blankly at the alleyway.

"Mom always tells us, doesn't she?" Emma said, repeating a phrase, "Don't go near the gate or fence in the back of the forest because it's dangerous."
╰━━ oo :

"If I'm correct, you're literally holding the gate bars." Purson raised a brow at the kids.

Ryusui commented, "They didn't exactly leave from the gate. Just near it."

"But they are prohibited from even being near it." Noelle pulled her hair backward as she replied.

Mikaela waved his hand around, getting most of their attention, "The real question here is 'why?' Why are they not allowed to leave?"

"What's this dangerous thing?" Alphonse's metallic voice echoed.

The anxiety sat below Emma's chuckle, clearly not knowing what to answer. She suddenly reminisces the memories of all those who've left - It almost felt like Emma's heart was giving out as she could only try and stop her endless pouring emotions.

Norman, Ray, Gilda and Don couldn't utter a single word - it was all stuck in their throats and just couldn't have the ability to explain.

"Must be the Demons?" Tokitou pondered, his head empty of other thoughts.

"What does this got to do with us?" The Abnormal Class suddenly feel attacked.

"What do you mean?" Kenma asked nonchalantly.

"N-Nothing!" Iruma suddenly covered the entire cast, before begging them to just nod along.

Since it was Iruma, of course, they followed.

"That's obviously a lie," Ray stated.

Norman looked at him, "Really?"
╰━━ oo :

"What made you think so?" Hina asked.

"It would be a little bit too much to elaborate." Ray replied in a monotone manner.

Kaminari eyed on the surroundings they were in, "It does look sus."

"Sus?" Erwin repeated, "Soup?"

They started talking about new weird words, all found to be confusing to the rest.

Aladdin yelped, "This conversation's so high-IQ, it's making my head hurt!"

"I barely understood anything, please help me understand." Historia frowned.

"I forgot we all have different timelines." Sugawara then elaborated, "They're basically online slang words. Going by our world, it was slowly being used after 21st century."

"Then stop it." Levi pulled his outfit down, "It's confusing."

"Hey, Ray! What do you want to do if you go outside?" The cheerful Emma changed the topic.

"I don't know. What about you?"

"I want to ride a giraffe!"
╰━━ oo :