05 | The Promised Neverland

Start from the beginning

"Yesn't." Eve answered normally.

A young with emerald oval-shaped eyes and notably thin eyebrows stares at the closed alleyway that serves as the gateway to the outside world. Her hair is a light orange color that is short and messy, sticking up at all angles around her head and one cowlick sticking out.

"What is this?"
╰━━ oo :

"Can I pat you?" Aizawa looked at the young child, his face showing a slight bit of resistance.

"O-Okay, sir..?"

The pro hero, Eraserhead, deliberately had his hand on top of Emma's hair, just a few inches away from her antennae.

Few seconds have passed, and no one had uttered a single word. Not even Inosuke or Bakugo could speak, everyone was intrigued at this sudden development of events staring Shouta Aizawa.

His hands started shaking, not knowing if he should do it or not. Would he uncover it? No, what are they even trying to uncover?

Slowly but surely, Aizawa plopped his hand to Emma's hair. And later, he pulls his hand up, with an unsatisfied face.

Subaru ran towards them, doing the exact same thing three straight times.

"Your hair is magical?!" Emilia gasped, "It's not going down!"

"It's... just a cowlick?" Louis looked at them, a little weirded out at what they were just doing.

"Cowlicks are annoying!" Filo pouted, pulling hers down forcefully.

"It's an antennae!" Tanjiro theorized, "No, what if.. it's sending a signal to space?!"

"You're a secret agent dispatched by aliens!?" Kou took out his exorcism staff.

"Aliens don't exist, dummy." Edward pulled his tongue out, trying to insult the exorcist' stupidity.

"It's a gate." Says the young boy beside her - he had somewhat messy short black hair, parted to the right where one side covers his green eyes, namely Ray, "It connects the inside and outside."

"Outside, huh? We've never been outside." She says.
╰━━ oo :

"Inside and.. outside?" Itadori asked, the mood around them were a little confused.

Chrome also wanted to ask, "What are the metal bars for..?"

The group of five children couldn't answer. Before they could, another one asked.

"And where are your parents?" Giyuu inquired, he was concerned but his voice was a bit stagnant, "It seems that you have no one guarding you at that moment."

"We accidentally wandered off when we were kids!" Emma scratched her head, looking down with a forced laughter, "It's not anything to worry about..!"

"That is dangerous! What will you do if you became lost?" Iida lectured them with his boi gestures, "The world is big. Surely you might no longer find the way, especially as children!"

"Yeah," Ray responded, eyes shut, "I don't think I can even get the chance go see that 'big world' of yours."

"Ray.." Norman looked at him, his eyes troubled.

"That's because we've been here ever since we were born," Norman told her. He had short, tidy white hair with a curved moon-shaped piece on it. His bright blue eyes smiled at the young girl.
╰━━ oo :

"You were there ever since you were born?" Iino raised her hand a little.

"You never go outside?" Kohaku gasped, the trio nodded to this.