The Confession

As I sat on the roof of my house, watching the sunset, I could feel the breeze dance around me, playing with my hair and feathers. I sighed. When I had gone to bed the previous night, I hadn't the slightest idea that even half of the events that happened today would ever have happened. At least not in one day, surely. It was quite a lot to take in, but it was good that a few people could see me, and that the Guardians wanted me to join them. I yawned, stretching out my arms and my wings. And Jack... whenever my mum guessed something she always turned out to be right... could it be that he felt the same way about me that I did him? He certainly seemed shy when it was brought up. I sighed again.

"_____ Black-Hall," Jack's voice stated. I looked up; he was sauntering along the slate roof with his staff across his shoulders.

"Jack Frost," I replied with a smile, opening out my left wing again so he could sit with me. He chuckled, complying. He placed his staff down next to him, freezing it in place so it wouldn't slide off the roof.

"Where's Pitch?" He asked.

"I threw him into North's sleigh, don't worry; it's being taken care of." I explained, leaning on his shoulder. There were a few moments of silence, before Jack and I sighed at the same time and started laughing. "How dare you sigh at the same time as me," I joked.

"How dare you not let me sigh first!" He exclaimed in mock hurt. I chuckled. "Hey, uh... I need to tell you something."

I panicked. "Is it about my mum? I'm sorry if she made you uncomfortable, look don't pay any mind to her just-" I was cut short when he put his finger to my lips. Another shiver went down my spine; his skin was ice cold, but I loved it. He moved his finger away.

"The truth is, and I know we've only known each other for one day, but I like you, _____. I like you a lot." I felt the heat rising to my cheeks as he said this. I was stunned silent, unable to speak. I loved the way he said my name.

"Yeah, I... I like you too, Jack." I finally said, before closing my eyes, too afraid to see the look on his face.

"I think we should probably get to know each other more - before we make anything official," he explained.

"Yeah," I agreed, leaning on him again, "we have all the time in the world."