Chapter 28 - "Black Magic"

Start from the beginning

"Ah! So Wook! The chairman's son, right? A pleasure to finally meet you!"

Jeonghan and Seokmin were about to opened their mouths when suddenly the old man dragged them to a table inside the bar.

"Come come! And sit down!" The old man insisted.

Seokmin noticed there was a girl sitting along with them. She has brown hair, hazel eyes. The Siren frowned in confusion as they both obeyed and forced out a smile.

"This is my daughter! Haera. The girl you will be marrying." The old man smiled at Jeonghan.

Both the male's eyes widen from the news. The old man surely got the wrong person.

"The chairman's son, right? I'm Hyun Minki, the head of Xihao Village. I'm more that happy to form the Alliance with you."

Jeonghan and Seokmin forced out a smile. But Jeonghan noticed the girl behind him. She looked like she was crying due to her red eyes. The older prince knew this had to be an arranged marriage.

"I can't do this."

The girl suddenly stood up and bolted out of the bar making the three males startled.

"Haena w-wai-" The old man sighed.

Jeonghan and Seokmin looked at each other with a frown.

"Looks like we have some work to do."

_ _ _

Meanwhile...

Wonwoo and Seungcheol went up to the counter where the old man is smiling brightly. They knew the only person who has access the room was the old man.

"Why hello there boys! Anything we could help with?"

"Have you seen-"

"Sweetie! The apple pie is now ready-"

Seungcheol's eyes averted to the old woman with a smile. He suddenly bolted up and ran to her, grabbing the necklace off her neck.

Everything happened with a blink of an eye. The old man and suddenly ran up to the woman and told her to stay behind his back.

"Where did you get this?" Seungcheol looked at the necklace. It was amethyst.

"Yah! Whatever you are doing don't ever touch my wife!" The old man shouted. "She is the only thing I have left! Don't take her away she is innocent! Take me instead!"

Seungcheol frowned as Wonwoo came up to him. The necklace's pendant suddenly fadded and turned into stone making the two frown.

"S-She's been framed." Wonwoo mumbled.

The two males looked at each other and back to the old couple. Seungcheol had a small apologetic smile and went up to the two.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I think we made a huge mistake." Seungcheol apologized and looked back to the old man. "Sir, Your wife had been framed. Please be careful and cautious next time, My deepest apologies for making a scene."