Chapter Four: Hippogriff Slashing

Finding the way to the Slytherin Common Rooms was not as difficult as she imagined it would be. She already had an idea of the dungeons as Dumbledore took her there the day she got sorted. That and she just had to follow the other Slytherins. The Slytherin entrance was just a blank stone wall that opened once you said the password, the two prefects informed them that the password was "Salazar."

Creative, Echo thought dryly.

She made her way through the common room, attracting unwanted attention along the way, acknowledging that it had a dark academia vibe to it. It was under the black lake so the light coming through the windows was green tinted, with waves of light reflecting off the windows and into the room. She was about to make her way towards the third year girl's dormitories when a Slytherin prefect walked up to her.

"Professor Dumbledore told me to give this to you," she said while handing Echo a note. With one last smile, the prefect began to lead the female first years towards their own dormitories. Echo made her way up the staircase passing some of the other female Slytherin's along the way, receiving judgy and dirty looks.

She found the third year's dormitory, but paused when she saw a door right next to it. A door with a golden plaque that had Hecate's wheel on it. Echo unfolded the note and it read,

Your wand is the key. Keep it safe.

-A.D.

She smirked to herself and silently forgave Dumbledore while inserting her wand into the odd shaped lock, and twisting it.

Swinging it open, revealed her very own dorm. A queen four poster bed with dark green velvet curtains was placed to the left side of her room. Her trunk laid at the foot of it, a small book shelf was to the left of the bed in a corner. A desk was just opposite of the bed next to a dark door, that was probably the bathroom. Directly in front of the dorm room door was a huge window with a window seat that displayed the green waters of the black lake. She placed Sionna down, who immediately jumped up onto the window seat, staring at the occasional fish that passed by. Echo went to her trunk and pulled out a large t-shirt and quickly changed into it and jumped into the rather comfy bed.
------------------------------------------------------------

She was the first one in the Great Hall. No teachers, no students, not even the ghosts were out. She sat down at the end of the Slytherin table that was closest to the staff table. Once she sat down a small variety of breakfast items appeared on a couple platters before her. She picked up a croissant, and some coffee and began eating while reading Spellman's Syllabary, a book of Ancient Runes. Echo observed the students and staff pouring in while she was reading her book. She only ever actually looked up when a piece of parchment was dangling in front of her face. She set the book down and glanced at Professor Snape.

Echo nodded while grabbing her times' table. Snape gave her one last look and stalked away with his robes billowing behind him. While memorizing her schedule she noticed the golden trio walk in, along with Malfoy doing a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit, her table roaring with laughter. She grabbed her bag and books and walked over to the Gryffindor table.

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a pug face. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooooo!"

"Pansy, shut it before you lose a tongue," Echo retorted in a hollow tone, sitting down across from Harry.

The Gryffindor's looked at her incredulously, while Pansy looked taken aback. Some Gryffindors got mad that a Slytherin sat at their table and were about to call her out on it until the twins showed up. Nobody wanted to mess with the Weasley twins unless they wanted to be a victim of their pranks.