𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"You've got to be shitting me." Salem breathed out. She quickly pulled the woman up that she was checking on, nodding her towards the direction that the others went. The woman ran and Salem stood up, placing her hand on her hips, letting her tongue click in annoyance. "This is good. This is great."

Clint placed a hand on her shoulder before they turned around to go another direction, only for more robots to appear in front of them. Wanda was standing nearby, trying her best to use her powers to destroy the metal bots. The girl eventually ran to a car, holding on to it as she let out breaths and tried to keep herself protected. She was scared, there was no doubt. And for a second, Salem completely forgot that this was her home. And she was watching it get destroyed.

The robots eyes turned red as Ultron started to speak. "Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me." Clint shot an arrow at the robot, killing it only for another to appear behind it and continue. "It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

"Awe, he rhymed." Salem stated before teleporting onto the robot and twisting its head off. She landed beside of Wanda, her eyes meeting the woman's brown ones, and Salem could see the fear that coated them like thick gloss. Salem gave her a small reassuring nod before helping her stand up. The three continued to fight, their eyes being aware as Steve's voice filled their comms.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off."

Salem raised an eyebrow. "Steve, buddy, pal, we gotta talk about these pep talks of yours."

The three went back to fighting. Clint and Salem watched Wanda's back, killing off the robots that went near her as she tried to move a civilian out of the way. Once Wanda moved her, a robot came too close making her shoot her hands up, her red wisps circling around it before she quickly threw it, although blindly almost resulting in it hitting Salem had she not moved out of the way. More and more robots continued to fly in their area and eventually Clint grabbed Wanda, throwing both of them into a nearby building window whilst Salem teleported after them. Salem laid flat on her back as she let out breaths, feeling herself starting to drain from using her powers so much.

Wanda leaned against the wall, shaking as she looked at Clint who was kneeling in front of her. Clint quickly asked the girl if she was okay, to which she numbly shook her head.

"This is all our fault." The girl whispered, regret and guilt filling her voice.

Salem sat up, turning her head to look at Clint and watching as he looked at the girl. "Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares. Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know, cause the city is flying. Okay, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, Sal can teleport, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." He paused,moving back just as the wall was shot at leaving a hole. Clint quickly pulled out an arrow and shot it through the hole, killing the robot. He then turned to look back at Wanda. "But we're going back out there because it's our job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit both you and Salem."

"I don't need babysitting-"

"It doesn't matter what you did, or what you were." Clint said, ignoring Salem's interruption. "If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good, I'll send your brother to come find you, but if you step out that door, you are an Avenger." Wanda just looks at him and he nods his head. "Alright, good chat." He stands up and puts in multiple arrows, attaching them to the string of his bow. "Yeah, the city is flying." He uses his foot to kick open the door before going back outside.

Salem stand up, rolling her shoulders as she let out a deep breath. "You can do this, you know? No pressure or anything." She turns her head, her eyes meeting Wanda's as she sent the girl a small smile as well as a wink, the anger she had for the girl almost completely gone. She then turned towards the doors, nodding her head. "Round two anyone?" She walks out and immediately chucks her knife at one of the robots, killing it.

She grabs another of her knives, teleporting and having fun whilst cutting open its neck, chuckling in amusement as oil spilled out instead of blood. Clint looked at her shaking his head. "That's why I need to babysit you."

"Shush." Salem pointed at him, throwing her knife right past his head to kill a robot that was behind of him. He rolled his eyes at her whilst she smirked and teleported to the robot, collecting her knife. Clint shot another arrow, jumping backwards as he did so as the arrow exploded. He landed on the ground behind a car before mumbling, "Ow."

Salem snorted in response, before the smile fell from her face and she quickly joined Clint's side as more and more robots started to land. Salem let a huff from her nose, closing her eyes as she tried to gain her strength back. It was when the doors opened that they turned their heads, watching as Wanda walked out. She threw out her hand, shooting her wisps at a robot before turning and using both hands to kill the two that were on her side. Salem smirked whilst Clint pulled out two arrows and shot two robots. Salem teleported to two more and took two knives, stabbing them both in the neck and killing them. Wanda then used her powers to obliterate the rest of them and Salem couldn't help but smirk.

"Glad you could finally join us," Salem smiled.

"Alright, we're all clear here." Clint informed as the trio started to walk. It was Steve that answered.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!"

"Alright, coming to you," Clint said.

Pietro then appeared, picking Wanda up bridal style before running away whilst saying, "Keep up old man!"

Clint pulled back his arrow and aimed it before saying, "Nobody would know. Nobody." He started forward and Salem just watched him in amusement as he continued. "'The last I saw him, when Ultron was sitting on him. Uh. . . yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already.'"

Salem let out fits of chuckles before shaking her head and quickly following after the man, both of which joined Steve on the bigger fight in the main part of the city.