𝐎𝐧𝐞

Chapter One:Pain

Chapter One:
Pain

SALEM ALEXANDER JUST WANTED a moment of peace. She just wanted to lounge around the Avengers facility and do absolutely nothing but binge watch Grey's Anatomy and cry herself to sleep because that show made her cry way more than she ever has in her entire eighteen years of living. But that's not what the world wanted from her.

She had left her room, wanting to bother Tony because her Netflix needed to be renewed, before she was stopped in her tracks. The pain started to pulse through her head, ready to explode and show her images that she didn't want to see. Her palms started to press into her temples as the pain grew stronger and louder. Her heartbeat sped up quickly as the heartbeat in her head did as well. A faint blue started to coat her eyes until they glowed vibrantly and forced a cry of pain to fall from her lips. She toppled to the ground as the images appeared.

Snow. Guns. Fire. Pain. Blood. Blue. Red. A woman. Loki's scepter. Clint on the ground. A male. Sokovia.

The blue faded from her eyes as she let out a gasp for air. She blinked multiple times as she tried to blur the images from her head. A hand was placed on her shoulder as someone kneeled down beside her.

"Sal? What is it?" The feminine voice of Natasha Romanoff could be heard. "Did you see something?" Salem simply nodded her head. That was the only thing Natasha needed before she pulled the teenager up off the floor and helped her towards the kitchen. Natasha helped the girl to sit down before walking over to the cabinets and grabbing the girl some Advil. Salem was quick to take the pain medication and smiled in satisfaction when it started to take the throbbing pain from her head.

Natasha had her arms crossed over her chest as she stood on the other side of the bar, patiently waiting for Salem to speak. Salem finished drinking the glass of water before she wiped her mouth and sat the glass on the table.

"There has got to be a way to make the pain less brain damaging." Salem muttered as she blew a strand of hair from her face.

"Salem, what did you see?"

"Oh right. Completely forgot about the whole vision part." Salem mumbled to herself. "Well, um, this one was weird and very unclear."

"How was it weird?"

"So I saw snow. Some colors. Some people. Clint on the ground for some reason. Blood. And. . . I think that's it?" Salem told the redhead. The one thing about Salem's visions was that as fast as they would come, they would leave just as fast and it would be like she'd never seen anything. "Oh! And Sokovia."

"What do you mean and Sokovia?"

"I don't fucking know do I look like a genius? I saw Sokovia."

"Why were we there?" Natasha retorted with the roll of her eyes.

Salem bit her lip as she scrunched her eyebrows in concentration. "Uh. . . we were fighting. Someone. I think? Or there was a building."

"Is there anything else at all that you can remember?" Natasha asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Scepter!" Salem suddenly shouted. "T-the scepter was there!"

"You mean Loki's scepter?" Natasha asked. Salem nodded her head. "Sal you just saved us a whole lot of trouble."

"I know. I'm great aren't I?" Salem said, flipping her hair just to be dramatic. Natasha rolled her eyes at the brunette before walking out of the room. Salem quickly flew off her seat, almost falling in the process, and ran after her mother figure. They were quick to inform Tony and Steve of what Salem had seen.

"You're a blessing kid!" Tony shouted as Salem started to walk away. Salem chuckled as she shook her head before turning around to face them whilst continuing backwards.

"I need you to pay for my Netflix account." Salem retorted.

"I tell you you're a blessing and you tell me to pay for your Netflix." Tony deadpanned and Salem smiled in response.

"I don't see the problem in that whatsoever. My Netflix better be back by the time I get back to my room. Thanks!" Salem called before she spun around on her heel and made her way back towards her room. She immediately turned on her Netflix and smirked in satisfaction when it allowed her into her account once more. She played another episode of her show as she changed into her uniform. She pulled her hair up into a high ponytail and closed her eyes as she tried to relax herself―︎though the screaming of one of the patients on Grey's Anatomy didn't really help in that factor.

Now all she was waiting for was a knock at her door. And when that knock came, Salem was quick to turn off the television and throw open her door before following Natasha out of the facility and onto the plane that would take Salem and the rest of The Avengers to Sokovia.

 And when that knock came, Salem was quick to turn off the television and throw open her door before following Natasha out of the facility and onto the plane that would take Salem and the rest of The Avengers to Sokovia

844 words
Here's the first chapter of Sarcasm! Salem is a bean that needs to be protected at all cost. Also, the lovely gifs were made by the amazing -effloresxcene

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH