𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:THE PACKAGE

CHAPTER TEN:
THE PACKAGE

"YOU WANT ME TO SIT in the jet, and do nothing?" Salem asked, cocking an eyebrow at Clint and Tony.

"Precisely." Tony nodded his head.

"Why?" Salem asked. She paused before letting out a scoff. "Is this because I was out longer than most because of what Maximoff did to me?"

"Sal, you were out for a while. I'm just trying to be cautious." Clint told the girl, Tony leaving the the two alone. Salem opened her mouth to protest but upon earning a stern look from both Clint and Natasha she shut her mouth and muttered incoherent words under her breath. Fury took Banner back to the headquarters, Tony flew to Oslo, and the rest of them entered the jet. Salem sat there, staring blankly at the floor. Steve sat across from the girl, glancing at her in slight worry. And that worry only grew when she let out a cry of pain, pressing her hands to her temple.

"Sal?" Steve quickly asked. Natasha was quick to remove herself from the co-pilots seat and rushed over to the girl that was curling into herself, her nails digging into her skin. Natasha knelt down in front of her, placing her hands on the sides of Salem's face.

"Salem, what do you see?" Natasha quickly asked. It took a minute for Salem to respond, that rapidly flashing visions mentally draining her. She let out a shaky breath, slowly removing her hands from her temples as she looked at Natasha.

"Ultron." She breathed. Natasha and Steve exchanged looks before the girl continued. "He was. . . somewhere. A lab, I think? And then. . . there was a train full of passengers. I saw the twins." She said twins with such anger and grimace it made Natasha blink in surprise. "And then. . . and then. . . there was something else. Why can't I remember? What's the point in having stupid powers where you can see visions when you can't remember what you saw two seconds later!" She snapped, frustrated.

"Hey, it's okay." Natasha assured, offering the girl a small smile. "We got what we needed, that's what matters. You did good." She gave the teenager a kiss on the top of the head. Salem just nodded her head in response, silently cursing herself for not having her powers developed to a useful extent. Natasha placed a hand on her shoulder as she walked back to her seat and Steve sat down beside of the teenager.

"Don't blame yourself for something you can't control." Steve softly spoke. Salem turned her head to look at him.

"Maybe if Nat and Clint hadn't rescued me, my powers would be of better use." Salem muttered sourly.

"You don't mean that, Sal."

"Don't I?" She asked him.

"No, you don't." Steve assured her. She thought about it for a minute, her fear flashing through her mind and making her wince slightly. She nodded her head.

"You're right, I don't."

☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎☘︎︎