Chapter 7: A Mystery

Start from the beginning

"And since Saito is new here, I was showing him around the school-" The sound of Akihiko's phone ringing interrupted him too as he excused himself to pick up. 

"Yes, hello?" 

While Akihiko was standing away from them talking on the phone, Katsu looked at Makoto. 

"So, you are a transfer student too. How is school with you so far?" 

"It's normal." 

"Wow, looks like you are used to this place already. Well, for me it's a bit different, it's all new to me, but I know I can get the hang of it soon enough. You don't look like a first year, are you a second year perhaps?" He asked, while holding his chin. 

"Yeah, I am." 

"Cool. I am in the same homeroom as Sanada-san's, that's how I met him." 

Akihiko came back to speak, interrupting them both, "Saito, I am very sorry I got a call from someone and I need to go because I have something important to do." 

"Oh, it's fine. We can continue the tour later." 

"No, I don't want to leave you like this. So Yuki, would you mind continuing the tour for Saito? If you are not busy." Akihiko asked. 

"Uhm, no I am not busy." 

"Great, I will appreciate it if you do show him around. I will see you two later then," Akihiko waved before walking away as he was in a hurry. 

"See you, Sanada-san. Shall we go then?" Katsu looked at Makoto as he nodded in return. 

"Actually, I am interested in seeing the clubs here. Would you mind showing them to me?" 

"Sure," he gestured to follow him as he decided to show him the sport clubs first. 

There was a Tennis club, Volleyball, Gymnastics, Boxing, Archery and the Swim team. 

Makoto showed him almost all the sports halls. On their way to the Archery club, they could see the members of the club practicing in their uniforms. 

Makoto could see Yukari practicing. Once she was done, she noticed him too as she approached him. "Hey Makoto-kun, what are you doing here? Hm?" She looked at Katsu who was standing beside him. 

"Oh? Do you two know each other?" Katsu asked. 

"Wait, are you the new student everyone is talking about?" She guessed. "And yeah, Makoto-kun is my friend." 

"I see. Yeah I am, my name is Katsu Saito. Your friend, Yuki-san, is showing me around the school. That's why we are here. So uhm, I am not really here to join or anything, I am not into Archery anyway, haha." 

"Yeah, most of the members are girls anyway. There are better clubs for you to join. My name is Yukari Takeba by the way, nice to meet you too." 

"You two seem close. Perhaps you live in the same dorm too?" Katsu guessed. 

"Uh, yeah we do." Yukari seemed surprised. "How did you know?" 

"Oh, I just guessed it. Well Yuki-san, I've seen enough, we can move on." He looked at Makoto. 

"Alright," he replied. 

"It was nice meeting you, Takeba-san." He waved before leaving. 

"Yeah..you too." Yukari kept quiet while watching them both leave. Then, she got back to practice. 

"I didn't know most of your friends here live with you. That's interesting. Are you all in some kind of club or something?" 

"...." Makoto kept silent for a second then spoke. "Yeah, you can say that."