Chapter 10: Lullaby Of A Deadman

Start from the beginning

Aoi then got every tool, every medicine, every antidote Shinobu instructed her to get. "This might not be poison, but the resistance he's been building is what's saving him right now.." She was explaining to Aoi what kept you alive.

She then got a big syringe and carefully put it directly in the affected lung with care trying to extract some blood to see what exactly was killing it. "Aoi, please make sure he's stable or at least not in a worse condition."
She quickly diagnosed the blood that was mixed in with yours proving her biggest fear true. After analyzing it under a microscope she realized it was the same Demon that had killed Kanae that did this to you.

Meanwhile Aoi was monitoring you Shinobu was actually starting to tear up very badly afraid of losing you as well by the hands of the same Demon. This was making her extremely angry knowing that there was nothing she could have done to be there.

Right now the only thing going on in her head is that she has to save you no matter what, so she started making different types of antidotes that could work positively on you.
___________________________________

During this time of suffering you felt as if you were dreaming.

You woke up on a metal bed wearing your uniform and mask as well so you got up. You noticed that all your surroundings, including you, were all in black and white for some reason. When you started walking you noticed a small floating light guiding the way.

When you left the room you were in, you entered a large hallway that was too dark, even with the light you could hardly see anything. After walking a distance you started to hear faint sounds coming from the darkness which you immediately followed.

"It's okay to stay like this forever, you know?" You heard the voice of a male say very quietly. "You don't have to suffer anymore if you just stay". This was actually starting to get to the point where you were believing the soothing voice. Then out of nowhere a side of the hallway lit up and you then saw one of your memories.

It was of you and your dad cutting trees in the mountains, you were a young kid during this memory. "Remember son, those who are strong have to protect the weak". The memory then faded to black and the hallway was dark once again.
You remembered the reason why you joined in the first place, you wanted to get stronger to protect those in need.

You then started walking straight once more only to hear the voice of the male once again "You aren't strong at all, if you were you wouldn't be in this situation. You would have saved all those girls" This voice was confusing you, making you feel bad. It was right though, if you were stronger you could have saved them all.

Another memory came up in the shape of a wooden statue of your mother "I'm sorry i didn't give you any brothers or sisters, so make sure you make a lot of good friends anywhere you can, and appreciate them" she said. She was right, after you lost everything you held dear in the world you started making acquaintances and friends along in your journey. You were entrusted with many things by your different teachers, by Shinobu and by Oyakata-sama after all.

"They all took you in because they felt sorry for the pitiful excuse of a man you are." The voice resonated once again getting more aggressive every time it spoke. At this point you felt as if you had been walking for days nonstop. You didn't know where you were headed but you kept on going forward.

It was a constant struggle between wanting to give up or keep on going.
As for now you kept on walking.

________________________________________________________________

Two days had passed and luckily you were stable enough to stay alive. Your innate capabilities had a very important part to play in this.

During these two days neither Shinobu nor Aoi had slept at all making sure you would survive. Aoi was taking your temperature, heartbeat and pressure every now and then to make sure that you wouldn't get worse. Meanwhile Shinobu was trying to make a drug which could be directly injected into you. This was an extremely hard task at hand but she never gave up.