Episode 23: Home At Last

The long-overdue arrival from Jordan is here!
I pinned a Spotify playlist to be played for the whole chapter on my Twitter account [binjinwave] and have also attached the link through the external link in this episode. I very much encourage you to let these songs accompany you through the whole chapter. 

Happiest Holidays, everyone! May your days be filled with love and joy.
Thank you for patiently waiting and I hope you enjoy this fluuuuff episode!

____________________________________________

As Yejin started positioning each ham cutlet, fruit of every kind on top of the designer dinnerware plate, she had to ensure that each is plated properly, attractive to be looked at. Afterward exiting her cooking area, she walked through the hallway of her home that led to her patio area.

"Alright. The table's set!" Thrilled as she ever was, she scanned through the table for one last time.

With the help of her housekeeper who had left about an hour beforehand, she had now checked each. Simple as it may look like, she had planned it all out, with the jar lights she saw from a mood board online, she had it installed on one tree branch in her garden three days ago.

Tonight, a celebration will happen

Tonight, a celebration will happen. Not just one, but two.

It's a late birthday celebration, as well as the celebration of them being reunited as he will officially come out of quarantine today.

And as she entered back inside, the first thing she noticed were the two yellow lamps lit open. Besides the little afternoon natural light-seeking through her curtains, it gave illuminance inside the corners of the home.

Thinking she had forgotten to turn it off right when she arranged the living area, she went ahead to the light switch and pressed it off. At the side, she looked at the clock to see how much time she has left.

Four twenty-two it shows. "I have one and a half hour left to prepare. I should hurry."

And as she made her way to the kitchen to prepare her ingredients for the main dish she will be cooking, Yejin was astounded when the door of her bedroom door has flown open.

She had frozen in her position, scared, with two wide eyes and thoughts of what she should do next coming through her mind, in a second, with two footstep sounds, it led out a sight of a man— It was the same man she's been waiting to see for months now. It was the man she's been missing every single day. It was the same man who she wanted to hug over the phone for all the days and nights of them apart.

It was him. It was her Bin-ssi.    

Their eyes met briefly for a second, "Hi, Yejin." With his eyes gazing at the precious sight of a woman his eyes have yearned to stare at every single day from when he was once hundred thousand miles away is now a few meters distance from where he was standing. He wasn't able to hold back his dimpled smile.