Meeting His Family(Chapter 13)

I woke up and sat up straight on my bed,with my back against the head board. It was Sunday today , my day off from work. I was grateful for this break ,because I've been really busy with work lately.

I started to think about the ball two days ago. I had a great time, dancing and eating. I'm also glad that they raised alot of money to go towards the two foundations.

I stretched my limps and a loud yawn escaped from my mouth. I was still kind of sleepy but this was the best night's rest that I've had in a long while. I usually have to wake up really early for work.

I reached over to my bed-side table and took my phone off of the charger. I plugged the adapter out of the wall and placed it on the table. I checked the time and saw that it was eleven .A.M. I also saw that from the notifications bar , that I had two messages from Lorènzo, three from Trinity and one from Tori and Sanai, my other close friends.

I opened Trinity's message first, read it and then replied.

Trini👯👭💙:
Good morning girl

I can't come see you today , I have to work an extra shift at the office😭.

Please don't be mad at me 👉👈

I laughed at her, she knew I wasn't going to be angry at her. She was trying her best to get a promotion . She was working extra shifts to prove to her boss that she's dedicated and has what it takes. I wasn't mad at her , I was proud.

I replied :

Good morning Trinity 🌞😊.

I'm not mad at you , I know you're just trying to make it .

Have fun at work , Love you friend.

I waited about a minute before she replied to my message.

Trini👯👭💙:

Ok ,I'll make it up to you ,I promise 🤞.

Love you too ❤️.

I smiled at her messages and decided to open up Lorenzo's texts.

Rènzo💛:

Good morning beautiful.

Are you going to be busy today ?

I smiled and replied:

Good morning ugly🤣 .

I don't really have any plans today.
Why'd you ask ?
I opened Sanai's message to see what she had to say.

Sanai💞: Hey Janessa, we should all go out for brunch when we're all free, since every one has been so busy with work.

I replied saying :
Yess,I agree.

I put down my phone on my bed, and made my way to the bathroom. I took my hair out of the cornrows that I had under my wig from two nights ago. I sprayed some water all over my hair and applied my Shea Moisture leave in conditioner. After my hair was fully saturated, I parted it into four sections. I used my hand and finger detangled each section. After I was finished,I applied some gel to the sections to define my curls. I diffused my curls and laid my edges. I placed a silk scarf around my edges so they could be laid down when they were dry.

I brushed my teeth and did my skincare routine. I walked into the shower and washed my body for about twenty minutes. After I was finished, I stepped out , dried my self, then wrapped a towel around my body.

I walked out of the bathroom and sat on my bed. I reached for my phone and saw that Lorènzo had replied to my texts. I opened the message and read what it said.