I need you pt2 (Chapter 18)

Janessa

Lightly pressing my foot on the brake, my car came to a halt in the parking spot at the front of the hospital. I grabbed my bag and hopped out of the car , shutting the door behind me. Walking up to the doors of the hospital, I walked in seeing that it was a very busy day. Nurses and doctors were running around, as well as paramedics with stretchers and wheelchairs.

Walking up to the receptionist, I greeted her, letting her know that I was here to see Bènjamin Amorè.

"Are you family ?" She asked as she eyed me below her glasses.

"Yes." I replied. She looked at me skeptically before handing me a pass. " He's in room 24D in the private ward, twenty-second floor. I thanked her as I rushed to the elevator and pressed the number that she had given me.

As the elevator traveled up the various levels I tapped my feet on the metal floor, nervous to what I would be facing when I arrived at the private ward. It seemed as if my heart was beating out of my chest when the elevator stopped and the doors slowly began to open. I Walked in the direction where the large sign labeled 'Private Ward.' Led me to.

I walked down the hall reading the room numbers softly. 'Twenty, twenty one, twenty two, twenty three." I stopped abruptly when I came across the room labeled 24c. Knocking softly one the door, I waited until I heard a 'come in' before twisting the knob and stepping into the large room.

Looking around the room at all the eyes that turned to look at me, I muttered a soft ' Good evening. ' On the bed was Bènjamin hooked up to an oxygen machine and an heart monitor that was beeping softly to the left of him.

On the chair beside the bed, sat Lorènzo with his head down as if he had the entire world on his shoulders. He looked up at me and gave me a sad smile as if thanking me for showing up. I took the time to check out his appearance. His once longing smile was replaced with a frown and his eyes were now swollen and red. Standing in front of him while he sat, I guided him into a a hug placing his head on my stomach. He wrapped his arms around my waist squeezing me tightly and sobbing softly.

"I can't lose him Nessa, I can't." My heart broke hearing his sad voice and all I could do was rub his back and allow him to let it all out. As he cried in my arms Loren look at us sadly at her husband's side.

"Thank you." She mouthed, holding her hands on her heart, I nodded my head in acknowledgement as I continued to comfort Lorènzo.

After a few hours at the hospital at Lorènzo's side, he had finally convinced me that it was okay to go home. He gave me his keys to bring him a change of clothes in the morning, since he would be spending the night at the hospital.

After driving home, I took a shower and heated up some food for dinner. Not too long after I headed to bed, knowing that I would have to drop by Rènzo's apartment in the morning.

The next morning...

I twisted in bed after hearing my alarm going off. Reaching over to the side of the bed, I snoozed and grogily sat up in the bed. I placed my feet on the ground and made my way to the bathroom so I could do my morning routine. After showering I got dressed in a white hoodie and a pair of grey leggings. I slipped on my yeezy slides and grabbed a cross body bag from my closet.

In the kitchen I made myself some cereal and headed out the door. It was a ten minute drive before I arrived to Lorènzo's apartment. I used my key and went to his bedroom admiring the clean modern look of his apartment. His house had a grey and black theme with a huge kitchen that would be great to cook in. I walked to his closet and looked around the spacious room.

I grabbed two pairs of sweatpants and a pair of jeans as well as a three t-shirts. Hesitantly walking over to his underwear drawer I placed three pairs of underwear in the medium sized duffel bag and exited the closet. A few minutes later I was making my way to the hospital.

............

Lorènzo's POV

I looked over at my Dad trying to think positive of the situation even though his condition was not looking well. I leaned back in the small couch with a sigh wondering how I could ever go on without my Dad by my side. The same man who taught me how to treat a woman, ride a bike, cut my hair and tie a tie was now using a oxygen machine to breathe.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and Janessa walked in. She looked beautiful in just chill clothes and her natural hair in a low bun. I smiled at her as she returned it and walked over to me and held both of my hands. She rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb as she just mumbled encouraging words to me. Even though we had only known each other for a few months but she had become a huge part of my life.

"I brought you some food, I know hospital food is not very good." She said as she handed me a chipotle bag.

"Thank you, for everything. " I said as I squeezed her hand. "It's my pleasure." She replied.

I opened my the paper bag revealing a rice bowl with grilled chicken, black beans and shredded cheese as my mouth watered. Nessa opened her own bag as started eating as well. We ate in a comfortable silence until we had finished our bowls.

"How is he doing?" She asked referring to my dad. "The doctors said we should just be around him for the time he has left." I replied , trying the contain the cracks in my voice.

"I'm so sorry." She said as she squeezed my hand. "I really appreciate you being here for me, it means a lot."

"Always." She replied.

We talked to my dad when he woke up and spent the rest of the day laughing and watching Fresh Prince of Belair.

My dad also let us know that he dad something to talk to us about soon. I was curious as to what he could possibly be telling both me and Nessa but I brushed it off. A few hours later Nessa left to go home and I decided to head home for a proper night's rest since my mom had returned to the hospital.

To be continued.....

Bènjamin has something her wants to tell Nessa and Rènzo....What could it be?

Janessa and Lorènzo are getting closer..