Chapter 7: The Awakened Boss

Start from the beginning

On top of them, a colossal spider rested motionlessly on the ceiling. Everyone knew that this was the boss monster in this C-rank Dungeon.

"Once the boss is defeated, the gate closes. Because of that we must mine and transport the mans crystals before defeating this spider." Hwang Dong-Suk explained. "Thankfully it looks like it's sleeping after its stomach was filled... And this seems like the best chance to move the crystals."

"Cheul-Bin, have you brought the equipment?" asked the leader.

"Sorry. Who would expect there would be mana crystals in a C-rank Dungeon? I left all the mining gear in the car."

Seung-Eun stared at the pickaxes and shovels inside the stuffed bag that Jin-Woo carried throughout the whole journey. This person dared to lie bluntly when the items were right in front of their eyes.

'This guy...'

"Phew. This is troublesome." Hwang Dong-Suk sighed, pretending to look troubled. "I apologise but could you three guard this place? I think we'll have to go and bring our equipments." He directed the questions to the three Hunters that had joined them today.

Jin-Ho was the first to answer. "Are you telling us to stay here by ourselves in the boss room?"

"It's fine. It should be okay as long as you don't provoke it." Hwang Dongseok reassured.

"But..."

"Trust my words. Even Han Seung-Eun is fine with it right?"

The said male played along. "Of course."

There was a guarantee that Jin-Woo and Seung-Eun would live but not Yoo Jin-Ho.

"Dongsaeng?"

Seung-Eun watched silently as the squad of eight left the three of them together with the sleeping colossal spider. He had came out with many scenarios of the evil things that they were going to do, and he was curious which one of them they would do.

"Gyu-Hwan," Hwang Dong-Suk smiled wickedly. "block the boss room's entrance."

A magic struck the rock on the ceiling and big rubbles fell down to block the entrance. The appearance of the other Hunters were no longer visible towards them.

"The entrance!" Jin-Ho yelled. "They lied to us! What do we do now?! They tried to kill us! They are just trying to kill us all just because of mana crystals!" Jin-Ho yelled in frustration at the blocked entrance.

Jin-Woo gazed at the youngest male, who had his eyes covered by the shadow of his maroon cape. It was understandable if he was frightened by this sudden turn of event; they came with an intention to earn money but they were suddenly betrayed and left to die here.

Jin-Woo parted his lips to try and comfort him, but no words came out his mouth. He didn't have the full confidence that they would get out of here alive.

Tossing the bag to the ground, he looked at the awakened Dungeon boss with a serious expression. 'No, I can't satisfy those greedy people by letting us die here.'

While Jin-Woo was observing Seung-Eun earlier, the later gazed quietly at the rubbles blocking the pathway. The loud sound evoked the memories he couldn't recall the bad feeling earlier.

It was because he had forgotten to turn off the clothes iron at home.

'Hopefully, Se-Yoon noticed before the apartment got burnt down.'

He turned back to the front and heard a noise from the ceiling. The colossal monster stirred from its sleep and crawled on the thick web around it. It had beady red eyes and a mouth with sharp teeth.

Jin-Ho quickly stepped in front of them and prepared his shield and sword. "G-Get behind me. I-I'll think of something..." Despite knowing that the C-rank Dungeon boss was stronger than him, he still took the lead and try to protect the others.

Seung-Eun respected him.

Jin-Woo passed Jin-Ho with Rasaka's Fang that suddenly appeared in a thin air, facing the monster.

"You're going to kill that thing!?" Jin-Ho asked panicky. "If you plan to beat a C rank boss on your own it's impossible unless you are in the elite of B or C-rank! Then how are you going to-"

Since Jin-Woo didn't reply anything, Jin-Ho turned to Seung-Eun, trying to ask for help. However, the later was rummaging the bagpack. "Dongsaeng, What are you doing?! Aren't you going to stop him?!"

Seung-Eun blinked at him as he took out a pickaxe.

Before he could reply, Jin-Woo leaped on the spider and attacked it with his dagger. Jin-Ho was baffled by the fast speed that his face slowly turned blue.

Sung Jin-woo was supposed to be an E-rank Hunter and he shouldn't be able to move that fast.

As a side character in Sung Jin-Woo's story, it was only normal to do unimportant tasks and watch as the protagonist get all the spotlight. Even if the main character was struggling, there was no way for him to die so early right?

"Is he... a false ranker!?"

With a stupefied expression, Jin-Ho turned to Seung-Eun for an explanation. The light blonde-haired boy smiled as he put down his cap on the ground. "Don't worry, Jin-Ho ssi. We'll get out alive and safe eventually."

"Dongsaeng... How can you stay calm?! Do you know that he is a false ranker?"

Seung-Eun glanced at Jin-Woo nonchalantly. "It seems so."

He tossed a pickaxe to Jin-Ho who later caught it.

"Come. Since we aren't doing anything, we should go mine this mana crystals. We are going to be rich! Eh, wait... you are already rich, nevermind. Just give these mana crystals to hyung and me." Seung-Eun started mining while Jin-Ho was baffled by his unusual reaction.

"Are you... also a false ranker?" Jin-Ho's face turned paler as he inched further away from him. What if he was scammed and this duo were actually psychopath who pretended to be weak?

"You are exaggerating. I'm not someone powerful."

Jin-Ho glanced at Jin-Woo and the pickaxe on his hand repeatedly, as if trying to process every informations that he had just gathered. Meanwhile, Seung-Eun was already making a progress.

"No, no! Our priority is to escape the Dungeon, not to mine these! Come and help me get the rock blocking the entrance. Jin-Woo is buying us time!"

Seung-Eun ignored him as his eyes glinted from the blue light. In truth, he didn't want for them to leave the Dungeon yet. The C-rank boss was a great opportunity for Jin-Woo to test his power. If he successfully defeat it, he would be labeled as a B-rank Hunter. On top of that, he could level up and regain items.

"Damn it!" Jin-Ho could smash the rocks with the pickaxe, however, the progress was too slow. "How are we going to go out now?" He looked at Jin-Woo warily and right on time, the spider spat out its green vomit.

Jin-Woo continued to attack despite struggling in the process. Seeing this, Jin-Ho became restless as he felt hopeless for not helping.

"What should I do?"

After a while or so, Jin-Woo stabbed the beady eyes of the spider and hopped down. Orange liquid spluttered from it as it hissed and wriggled until it finally stopped moving.

The noise deceased and Seung-Eun turned around to find that the monster was dead and Jin-Woo was cutting the carcass with a scary smile.

"Hyung, what are you doing?"

-----

A/n: Thank you for 500 reads!