㊾There's No Me Without You

Start from the beginning

"Okay, you know I don't believe that." Jeongguk snorted as he sat on the couch, and Taehyung closed the door and followed a moment later. He restlessly fiddled with the keys in his hands as he seemed to be deep in thought again. "Taehyungie." He laid a hand over his, stopping his movements.

A faint sigh escaped Taehyung's mouth as he dropped the keys on their new living room table and turned to face him. He held his hands and brought one to his lips to give it a gentle kiss. "Look, I love you, I really do, and I just don't know—"

"You're not breaking up with me, right?" Jeongguk asked in a hushed tone as his eyes saddened.

"No, no, nothing like that, fuck, I'm sorry." Taehyung cupped his face and pecked his lips, linking their foreheads. "I know it's crazy and early, like too early, but... do you think someday you'll want to marry me?"

The question rendered Jeongguk all out appalled, and he drew back to look at him with his now doe, confused eyes. "Is this because of what Seokjin hyung said?"

"Honestly, no. I've been thinking about stuff like these, although I know it's ridiculously early. And honestly, I don't even care about marriage that much. I only care about being with you forever."

"I am a minor—"

"I know, I'm sorry, please don't freak out, I'm just being stupid and I'm a little overwhelmed because I've never felt like this before and it's all just—"

"Will you shut up?" he asked, voice delicate, earning a small chuckle from him. "Let me finish first and then you can ramble all you want, okay?" He saw Taehyung nod, and he drew a kiss on his forehead.

"I am a minor who hadn't been in a relationship before and still doesn't know a lot of things, but what I know for sure is that I don't want this to ever end. I want to be with you forever too. And I'm thinking about this almost every day. We're not even a year together, but I can't imagine my life without you. Maybe it's too soon to talk about stuff like these, but I feel what you feel. I want what you want. The feelings are one hundred percent mutual, so please don't ask me to marry you right now. Yoongi is going to freak out."

They giggled at his last remark as they looked at each other with fond eyes. "I'm not asking you to marry me. Yet. And I don't want us to make big promises. I only want us to keep the promise we made at the prison. Remember?"

"Of course, I was the one who made it. Usually, it's the other person who forgets them."

"I haven't forgotten even one promise—"

"I know, I didn't say you have!"

"Good. We promised to stick together, always."

"No, actually, we promised to get through this together and by this, I mean your trial."

"But that part of the promise is already done. We did get through it together so why are you being a smartass right now?"

"You love me for this."

"I love you for everything," Taehyung said below his breath, and suddenly, something more serious floated in the atmosphere.

Jeongguk raised his hand and held his cheek in a loving palm. "I love you too. So much." He joined their lips together. The kiss was tender and filled with love as nothing else mattered at that moment other than showing instead of saying how much they loved one another.

He straddled him as their tongues continued moving together, his hands gripping his neck, as Taehyung's hands traveled to his waist. "Tae. I w-want you."

"I want you too, baby. So much."

"No, I mean... I want you. I want to feel you."

Taehyung's movements ceased and his body tensed at his words. He removed his mouth from his neck and gazed at him with creased brows. "There's no rush, you know that."