㊾There's No Me Without You

Start from the beginning

Everyone smiled fondly at him, Hoseok even teared up. "You did too, baby. You didn't let your father change you. We admire that too." Taehyung placed a delicate kiss on the side of his head.

"Thank you, Jeongguk," Namjoon said. "Because you came into our lives, we were able to escape Kang. I don't think we'll be able to ever thank you enough."

"What? No, it wasn't because of me, don't say that—"

"It was," Jimin cut him off softly. "You didn't follow rules. You didn't belittle yourself to please others. You stood up for yourself, and although bad things happened, now we're here because of that. Because of you. You changed Taehyung so, so much. He could never find the courage to turn himself in and betray Kang if it wasn't for you."

"But he was beaten up because of—"

"And you changed us too," Hoseok spoke this time. "With the innocence you brought into our life, you made all of us better. Personally, I thought that having a lot of money and pleasing Kang was my whole life and it would be forever. But you changed that. I know now the only thing that matters is that we have each other. I love you all so much."

Jeongguk stayed silent as tears pooled in his eyes, and Taehyung draped an arm over his shoulder once he perceived it. He kissed the side of his head multiple times and rested his head against his. "Because of you, we're not miserable anymore, little bun. It's funny, though. Someone would think that people who work for a fucking leader of a gang would be ruthless too. They would be strong enough to leave everything that makes them miserable. But we weren't, not at all.

"You made me strong. The fear of you getting hurt again or losing you made me strong. Your love made me strong. And you helped my friends, your hyungs now, to become strong too. We owe everything to you and I'll spend the rest of my life giving you everything I have to make you happy. I'm sorry you had to get hurt in the process. But I promise you that I won't let anyone hurt you again."

"We all promise that," Namjoon said with a nod, a warm smile engraved on his lips.

Jeongguk cried silently as he buried his face into the curve of his neck, his heart brimming with warmth.

"Taehyung," Seokjin called in a shaky voice as he wiped his tears. "Was that a marriage proposal?"

Taehyung's soft gaze altered into a shocked one in a heartbeat at his inquiry. "What the fuck?"

Everyone cracked up then, even Jeongguk who was still shedding tears. "Just checking, jeez," Seokjin murmured as he chuckled too. "But either way, I approve."

"I don't approve," Yoongi spat out, making Seokjin roll his eyes.

"Can't you like be happy for them?"

"I am, but Jeongguk is still a minor! He's not going to get married anytime soon."

"No one is getting married anytime soon," Taehyung interrupted them. "I just wanted to let my baby know what an amazing person he is, that's all."

"You're more," Jeongguk whispered as he smiled at him, and they closed the gap between them, sharing a sugary, loving kiss.

"It's getting late, so let's go?" Namjoon suggested, and everyone seemed to agree.

"Thank you, guys. For everything," Jeongguk said as they rose to their feet, and they smiled warmly in return.

Once they closed the cafe and said their goodbyes, Jeongguk and Taehyung headed to their house. It didn't take long to arrive since there wasn't much traffic, and soon enough, Taehyung parked the car, and they stepped outside.

Jeongguk registered how quiet he was and sensed something weird in the air around them. "You okay?"

Taehyung shot him a glance, freezing momentarily, and opened the door. "Yeah, everything is good."