Chapter 7, oh i could so just sit here and cry

"Do you want to talk about it?" Tucker asks me. I woke up a couple minutes ago and I don't want to get up.

I sit up though. My eyes hurt and I'm dehydrated. "Can I go get some water?" I ask.

Tucker leaps up and says, "I can go get." I give him a weak smile. I can hear his footsteps going down the staircase and him and his roommates mumbling. He's back in the room seconds later with the water in hand. "Here."

"Thank you," I say gratefully.

"If you want to talk about it we can but I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable. Just know I'm a safe spot if you need one." I need one.

"So I went to go see Jackson this weekend... Uh, it didn't go so well. He wanted something that I didn't feel right giving him." I can feel my face heating up and I pick at my bottom lip in embarrassment.

Tucker's like a piece of stone. No sign of emotions in sight. He just sits and waits for me.

We both bask in the silence before I say, "You know what, it's fine. I'm fine. I probably overreacted and I'll get over it." I sit up straight and stare. "Thanks for letting me stay the night. I really appreciate you." He gives me a tight smile.

I put my hair in a bun as I walk down the staircase. I get to the door when there's a voice behind me.

"Hey sunshine." I turn around to see his roommate.

"I think we met a couple times, I'm Jane," I say.

"I know your name. Actually I think everybody knows."

"I'm sorry what?" My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

"Mark," Tucker says at the top of the staircase. "She's leaving. Let her go." They look at each other for a couple seconds. Then Mark looks at me and leaves and Tucker along with him.

...

I sit up on my bed and fidget. I know I have homework but instead I just twist my fingers around and around because that's all I can do. The world is standing still and I can't do anything about it. That is until Kaylin walks in.

"Hey, what's up?" she asks. She goes over to her desk and starts working. I should be doing that too.

"Oh, uh... nothing," I respond.

Kaylin gives me a weird look before asking, "Are you okay?" There is genuine concern in her voice and as much as I would like to give her an honest answer, I don't have one. No, I'm not okay, but yes because I knew growing up as a female that my life would be like this.

I nod.

That's all I can do.

Love you all ♡

AN: Sorry this is so short and took so long to get out. I didn't write what to write about when it came to this topic and then I ended up seeing this as all I could do in this scenario.