Chapter 4: The Oath of Loyalty

Reporting to the bridge as requested, Jupiter steps upon the Command Center. Closely following her, is her newly appointed protector, standing by her side.

Captain Tsing acknowledges them both, approaching her royal guest and greeting her warmly. Turning to her subordinate, she sternly admonishes him in a flat tone, "Mr. Wise."

"Ma'am," he replies, understanding the gravity of his situation.

Jupiter, who's blissfully unaware of the scene playing out on her behalf, stands upon the upper deck of this enormous diamond-shaped space. She stands with the ship's officers, while seated along the lower level is the crew. Impressively presented in the coordinated colors of navy, dark gray, and glass, this room's focus is the center view screen, grandly displaying a full view of her home planet.

"Your Majesty," the Captain begins, "We'd like to transfer your family down to the planet. Memory wipes aren't perfect, so placing each of them in a familiar location, like a bedroom, or a living room will help with the illusion of it being just a dream."

"Makes sense," Jupiter recalls, "I said the same thing, when I first met Caine."

Tsing gestures towards the man standing to her right, "Let me introduce you to my First Officer, Commander Phylo Percadium."

Cocoa in complexion, with bits of gray weaving throughout his wavy flowing black hair. Phylo Percadium bows as he charmingly replies, "Your Ladyship."

She continues with her instructions, "He will lead you to the Main Hangar, because we need your expertise on whom to place where."

"I do have a large family," Jupiter admits. "Commander Percadium, please lead on."

"If you will, Lady Jupiter, it's Commander Phylo."

"Oh, so its last name first?" she asks.

"Yes."

"That's very similar to some cultures on Earth, were you born on Orous?"

"On the Second Moon, along the Pitatus Crater," he answers with a smile in remembrance of his impoverished civilian days.

Jupiter moves to join the Commander, stopping only when she realizes Caine isn't following. "Caine, aren't you coming with me?"

He hesitates, knowing Jupiter outranks his Commanding Officer.

The Captain states adamantly, "If you'll forgive me, Mr. Wise and I need to have a conversation. Don't we, Mr. Wise?"

"Ma'am, yes ma'am," he answers, standing at attention.

"Oh, okay." Jupiter sighs, walking over to him. She places her hand around his large bicep, holding on to him while whispering in a rather intimate tone, "Come find me later."

"I will," he husks, breaking his stance, forever lost in her beautiful brown eyes.

"Aa—ahem," the Captain interrupts.

"Oh, sorry, Captain," Jupiter apologizes.

"Not a problem."

Leaving Caine's side, she walks with Commander Phylo down the corridor.

Facing forward, Caine stands at attention, bracing himself for the incoming storm.

Once Jupiter is out of view, Captain Tsing pivots to shout at her subordinate, "My Office! Now!"

"Yes, Ma'am!"