Call Me Lydia 2.0

"I'M BEING CHASED BY A MURDERER!!!" Lydia screamed as she ran down the upstairs hallway of the house.

Her first idea had been to play this old game, the one she used to play with her mother back when she was still alive and Lydia was young, with Adam, Barbara, and Betelgeuse. Right now, Betelgeuse was pretending to be the murderer and Lydia was laughing as she tried to get away from him. Adam and Barbara had both been tasked with hiding downstairs, and pretending they were still alive, so they didn't get caught. Lydia was surprised at how fast her deceased friends picked up on the rules of the game, considering this was their first time playing it. The last round had been Adam's turn as the murderer and he was as good as Barbara was the first round where she pretended to be the murderer.

"I've almost caught ya!" Betelgeuse teased, and Lydia looked at him and let out a chuckle.

"I seriously doubt it!" she teased back.

Betelgeuse was close to catching up to Lydia when the teen made the quick decision to speed downstairs and hide with Adam and Barbara so they would make it difficult for Betelgeuse to win this round. Upstairs, Betelgeuse grunted and stomped his feet then teleported up to the attic.

Half an hour had passed and Lydia and the Maitlands were starting to feel like something was wrong. They were sure Betelgeuse would be downstairs and trying to locate them by now but the demon in question was nowhere in sight and the house had since grown unusually quiet. Slowly and surely, the three of them came out from their hiding place behind the couch, Adam first, then Barbara, and finally Lydia. They looked around the bottom floor of the house for a few minutes then went to sit on the couch for a while.

"Does anyone know where Betelgeuse may be right now?" questioned Adam, looking from Barbara to Lydia. Both females shrugged in unison and Adam sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "The house being unusually quiet is a bit worrisome. I'm starting to get worried he thinks we don't want to play anymore."

"Yeah," said Barbara, turning to her husband and resting an arm around his shoulder. "Do you think we should check on him?"

"It's best we leave him alone to calm down for now," said Adam. "He'll come downstairs if he wants to."

In agreement, Barbara and Lydia nodded.

"What else should we do?" asked Lydia, looking from Adam to Barbara with a curious look on her face. Both ghosts looked at each other and stayed quiet for a while, making Lydia even more curious. "What? Are you guys having a telepathic conversation with each other? You guys are super quiet."

"Well, we are and that's something we didn't know we could do," admitted Barbara, letting out a laugh. "We'll have to consult the Handbook Betelgeuse gave you that you handed over to us once we completely deem it not to be dangerous and/or ask Betelgeuse more about our powers."

"Or you could try to have a telepathic conversation with me," suggested Lydia. "We could make a game out of it."

"No," said Adam sternly, earning a pout from Lydia. "Not yet at least. We haven't mastered it quite yet and we should wait until we do so to make games out of our powers. Though I don't think that's what ghost powers are intended for."

"Hey! You're talking to the teenage girl who briefly lost her life giving up her soul to free Betelgeuse, didn't get to use a single one of her powers, and then was brought back to life and given the opportunity to live a second life."

"You know what, Lydia," said Barbara with a realizing smile. "You're just like us. Coming out of your shell and becoming someone completely different from your old self. You're not the same Lydia we met at the beginning of the week, you're a different version of the same person."

"Call me Lydia 2.0 then!" Lydia said out of determination, standing up and pumping her fist in the air. "I may still be the same old, same old Lydia but I've changed now and I'm proud of it. You guys have helped me learn to appreciate life and live it to the fullest. I love how my life is now and there's nothing I want to change about it. I want to continue living life and appreciating all the changes that happened in the last few months. There's nothing I could ever ask for more than living a second life with you guys, my dad, Delia, and Betelgeuse. I love you all and nothing's ever going to change that."

A/N: Well, this is the end, I guess. This story was going to be longer but I feared I was going to get a serious writer's block if this story kept going. I have to say I'm proud of the direction this story took and I look forward to writing more about this AU in the near future. That is, if you want a sequel to this story (comment yes if you do).

Goodbye for now and, if a sequel is planned to come out, keep a look out for it.

Will have a rewrite coming soon. So keep an eye out for that.