1.07 | 'i almost shit myself'

SIERRA STEPPED OUT of the elevator with a gasp as she saw the agents crowded around hotch's wife haley with their brand new baby. "oh my god!" she squealed, practically dropping her fresh cup of coffee on the floor. "he is so cute."

"if you find baldness and wrinkles attractive." reid said, making sierra whack him in the stomach. "ow."

garcia cooed at the baby. "oh, look at his little witty bitty nose." she said. "don't you want one of those?"

"no thanks." morgan answered. "i'll stick to practicing."

"congratulations." elle told them.

hotch cracked the biggest smile sierra had ever seen on him. "thanks." he said. "she's amazing. i'm a little terrified."

haley smiled. "we, uh, should get going." she said, bidding goodbye to the team and stepping into the elevator.

elle handed the agents their files for the case they had just taken off as soon as the elevator doors closed. "bad?" hotch asked.

"the worst." elle admitted.

sierra opened the file and sighed as she saw a whole family murdered, including two young children. "why can't we just look at cute babies all day?" she asked, walking back to the conference room.

"i'm guessing you want kids?" spencer asked, walking beside her.

sierra nodded. "two." she told him. "a girl and a boy." she said, before sighing. "but not yet." she admitted. "besides for the fact that i have no one to make them with, i love this job too much to give it up already."

spencer nodded. "that makes sense." he told her. "i've always wanted three kids." he admitted. "two girls and a boy."

sierra smiled as she entered the conference room. "that's sweet, pretty boy." she told him, sitting in her seat around the table. "what are we looking at?" she asked the rest of her team, that was already seated there.

"crawford family." gideon told them. "murdered three days ago."

morgan nodded, entering the room. "i saw it on the news."

"they were found in the basement of their house." gideon continued.

"bags packed for a vacation they never took." jj added.

"the news said it was a murder suicide." morgan said, sitting down next to sierra. "father stabbed the mom, then shot himself."

jj shrugged. "that's the conclusion the maryland state police came to." she told him. "the gun was found next to the father, had gunpowder residue on his right hand."

morgan sighed. "and now you must have some compelling reason to think that chris crawford didn't off his family?" he guessed.

"yeah." jj said. "another murdered family." she said, pulling out another family photo and placing it on the table in front of the agents. "the millers — found a month ago." she explained. "the mother, reese miller, her two children, and her new husband. again, they were found in the basement, and like the crawforss, their suitcases were packed for a vacation."