1.06 | 'one time, i took a pregnancy test. i was happy to have failed that one.'

MIA BOUNDED DOWN the stairs, calling out for her sister. "sierra?" she asked, the phone in her hand.

"down here!" she exclaimed, eating her cereal over the counter.

"eric's on the phone." mia told her, sticking her hand out for the girl to take the phone.

but sierra froze, her eyes widened. "he is?" she whispered. "tell him i'm not home." she told her sister. "tell him i'm dead."

mia rolled her eyes, putting the phone back to her ear. "you must've just missed her, i think she just left for work, but i'll have her call you later, okay?" she suggested, making the younger sister jump up from where she stood.

"why would you say that?" sierra asked as the elder sister hung up the phone.

"you did not go out with that gorgeous guy and spend the night with him just to ghost him." mia told her. "you're calling him back."

sierra rolled her eyes. "i'm a grown up." she reminded her. "i can do what i want."

mia groaned. "what was so wrong about him that you won't go out with him again?" she asked.

sierra shrugged, turning back to her cereal. "i don't know." she admitted.

mia sighed, moving closer to the girl. "i know that it's scary for you to depend on someone, but you have to start planning for the rest of your life." she told her. "eric may not be the one, but you need to be ready to meet him."

sierra rolled her eyes, walking away to put her bowl in the sink. "not everyone meets the one at thirteen and is married to him by twenty four." she reminded her sister. "i'm not calling him."

mia sighed, knowing she would get nowhere with this argument. "fine." she gave up. "but i'm not covering for you anymore." she paused for a moment, before a smirk toyed on her face. "what about that guy you work with?" she asked.

"spencer?" sierra asked, walking over to the hook near the door to grab her black blazer. "what about him?"

mia shook her head. "nothing." she said. "he's nice?"

"he's the cutest little thing." sierra admitted, wrapping her blazer around her shoulders and slipping her arms in. "you just wanna like, protect him from everything."

mia smirked. "the only person i've ever known that makes me feel like that is atticus." she told her.

sierra rolled her eyes, grabbing her car keys. "not funny."

"REID FAILED HIS qualifications." elle told gideon about the doctor's gun test that morning.

gideon shrugged. "he can retest in two weeks."

"he's gonna be embarrassed about it." sierra told them, turning to face morgan, who had a playboy grin on his face. "so let's not mention it."

gideon nodded, as sierra didn't take her eyes off of morgan. "yeah," gideon agreed. "let's not mention it." he repeated, walking up the stairs.

morgan noticed the girl staring, and smirked. "you think so little of me, hayes."

reid then entered the office, with his head down, quickly sitting at his desk and ignoring eye contact with them all. morgan smiled, following the boy as he sat down. "morgan." sierra warned, glaring at him.