1.04 | 'you gave me a sandwhich from the break room'

SIERRA HUMMED A sweet tune as she practically skipped into the bau one morning later that week, making morgan give her a strange look as she sat down at her desk across from him. "i take it your date went well?" he asked.

sierra furrowed her eyebrows. "how did you know — " before she even finished asking the question, she knew the answer by looking at her friend's guilty face. "jj."

jj winced, standing up from where she leaned on morgan's desk. "i didn't realize it was a secret!" she exclaimed. "how did it go?"

sierra rolled her eyes. "we'll talk later." she told her. "is reid in yet?"

morgan shook his head, but a smirk danced on his lips. "you got lucky, didn't you?" he asked. "i know that look anywhere."

sierra's face turned a bright shade of pink. "we're not talking about that." she told him, which only confirmed things to him. "you guys remembered that today is reid's birthday, right?"

jj playfully rolled her eyes. "how could we forget?" she asked. "you only reminded us every day for the past week."

"you got a cake right?" she asked.

jj nodded. "yeah, but we usually don't do that here — "

sierra rolled her eyes, taking the birthday cake hat for the boy out of her bag. "i don't really care." she admitted. "birthdays are the one day a year you get to make everything about yourself." she told them. "if you don't celebrate, what are you doing?"

morgan sighed. "fine." he said. "but after, you're telling us if you got lucky."

sierra rolled her eyes, but reluctantly agreed. "deal." as if on cue, reid walked into the room, making sierra jump out of her chair and run over to him, startling the boy. "happy birthday, spence!" she exclaimed, placing the birthday cake hat on his head.

reid's heart fluttered in his chest. "you remembered?"

"of course i remembered." she responded, taking his hand and leading him to his desk, where jj had placed the cake, and morgan had gathered elle, garcia, hotch, and gideon.

"make a wish!" elle exclaimed, after lighting the candles.

reid tried to blow out the candles, but they kept relighting, making morgan chuckle. "come on, man!" he exclaimed through laughter. "blow, baby, blow!"

"i thought you were full of hot air!" elle retorted, as reid still tried to blow out the candles.

sierra let out a small giggle, leaning onto his shoulders. "spence, they're trick candles." she told him. "they're gonna keep relighting."

morgan playfully rolled his eyes at her. "aw, look, mommy to the rescue!" he exclaimed, ruffling reid's hair.

they pulled the candles out, as reid went over to talk to gideon. "hey, you having fun?" gideon asked.

reid sighed. "definitely." he answered. "definitely having fun."

"make a wish?" gideon asked.

reid chuckled. "can i take this hat off?" he asked.

gideon glanced over at where sierra was cutting the cake, and then back at reid. "i wouldn't." he told the boy. "you know, we don't usually do this here."