Chapter Five

Dedicated to@GrayDiax

Evan's POV

"Is this real?" Evan asked, his mouth opened in shock, his eyes as big as saucers.

"Yes, my child. This is real. These are the northern lights. Also known as aurora borealis. You asked about colors and I thought this would be the best canvas to show you."

Evan watched the colors dance across the sky and it was mesmerizing. He had never even imagined anything so beautiful and he was awestruck by the colors that swirled through the sky. She pointed out the colors so he could fully understand.

"This isn't even all of the colors. There are many more."8

They were quiet for a long time, just enjoying the light show above them.

"I understand that I lost my chance in having a mate." Evan said quietly not looking his companion. "It's ok though. I know I will have a wonderful new life with Rowan   and have new friends and lots of adventures... " His voice drifting off. The Moon Goddess simply hummed a reply which confirmed nothing.

"Don't be greedy Evan" he thought to himself. He looked back at the sky and mate or no mate, he would have an amazing life. The Moon Goddess turned to look at the grinning young angel, yes you will Evan. She thought.

"Close your eyes" she told him quietly and he promptly closed them.

"Ok, open them."

He slowly opened his eyes and didn't recognize the landscape nor did he see the Moon Goddess.

He looked around and saw that he was surrounded by trees, these must be trees he thought, remembering how his mom described them to him. He looked up at the tree closest to him and saw a raven looking down at him. It looked like it was smiling. Something about the raven looked familiar.

"Yes it's me Evan" the Moon Goddess said in his mind. "I will wait for you right here. Enjoy your run."

"Let's go for a run" he heard a young boy say. He looked around but didn't see anything. Suddenly his body was pulled up and he sprinted through the trees, hearing the gentle laugh as he ran. It wasn't really him running though. He felt different, like it wasn't really him.

"Let's go faster, lets beat them to the pack house." Said the little voice again. He sprinted faster and felt the other presence happiness spill onto him. They dodged the trees and climbed the hills with ease. Evan was overjoyed.

Suddenly he heard a howl and quickly realized it was him.

"Evie, that was loud" the little voice said laughing.

"There it is. We're almost there Evie."

The pack house came into view. Several wolves were gathered in groups around the pack house and scrambled out of the way when they saw the young boy barrel towards them.

"What's the rush Rowan?" He heard someone call. The little voice didn't answer until he reached the front door. "I won!" He proudly declared and the wolves just chuckled.

Evan heard more laughter from where they had just run from and saw a group of kids running towards them.

"You beat us Rowan" one of the boys exclaimed as they met at the door.

"Of course I did. I'm the fastest werewolf. The little boy laughed. "I have the best wolf and he can beat anyone."

Evan was filled with pride at the declaration.

"You're the best boy Rowan." Evan yelled back.

"Why are you shouting?" The child asked laughed. "Silly wolf."

Evan didn't know why he was shouting, except for the pure joy he felt radiating through his body.

He could feel the Moon Goddesses pull and knew he would have to go soon. He would miss his boy but had something wonderful to look forward to. Soon they would be together and he was grateful for the gift she allowed him to have.

Evan could feel himself breaking away from Rowan and quickly shouted "See you soon buddy."

"Evie, stop shouting." The little boy laughed.

He could still hear his laughter buzzing in his ears when he found himself back in the forest. The Moon Goddess was no longer a raven but the familiar figure that he knew so well.

"Thank you Moon Goddess." Evan greeted her.

"You're welcome. Don't worry about Rowan. You will be with him sooner than you think."