Chapter Four

Evan was in the office with his father and the Moon Goddess. After getting his exciting assignment, time had passed slowly into his normal pattern of life. He didn't know when he would be sent to earth but was just happy knowing that his time would come soon.

He was mentally prepared for his life to change. Evan had spent a lot of time praying  and his mind was completely at ease with the expectant challenges.

He would often day dream about his future and he was especially thrilled with being a wolf spirit. He was intrigued by everything that happened on earth.

How the guardian angels would describe nature left him awestruck. His mom, who had been to earth countless times would describe flowers and trees and he simply couldn't wrap his head around it. When they described colors he again was lost. It was unrelatable to him.

His dad interrupted his thoughts. "What are you thinking about son?" Philip asked his son.

"Trying to imagine colors but I'm lost." Evan laughed. He heard the Moon Goddess sigh.

"God created earth in six days and made the world so beautiful. Just you wait until you see the ocean.  When he created heaven he was being more practical than anything else." She laughed.

What Evan was most excited about was having a bond with his human. The friendship between them would be like no other and he felt a strong sense of protection and loyalty for him already. He imagined spending his days guiding his human and he couldn't wait to meet his person.

The Moon Goddess spent a lot of time with Evan, asking him questions and answering his questions. There was a lot that he had learned during that time, things that he knew would be invaluable later.

They talked about the Moon Goddesses brother who was the God for earth. Humans prayed to him just as the wolves prayed to her. There was a division on earth between people who believed in God and those that did not. This surprised Evan and he couldn't understand it.

"My child, you are the fortunate few that get to see your  God. You see me everyday, all of the angels see me and we live together. On earth, God is unseen. They can speak to him through prayer but those that don't believe don't think that anyone would be there to hear their prayers so they just don't. Evan grieved this, his relationship with the Moon Goddess was part of his very core and felt sadness for those that didn't share the same belief in a higher being. He understood though, faith in the unseen would he difficult.

It was late one evening, the angels had settled in watching another gorgeous sunset from heaven when the Moon Goddess had called for him. She sounded urgent and he smiled broadly knowing what it meant.

He ran as quick as he could to meet her. She was where he expected her to be, poured over the scrolls.

"Come my child, it is time."

He watched the scrolls as they slowly came to life with his person.

His heart beat quickly as the name emerged on the paper.

Rowan. Born December 5th, 2005. Parents unknown. Place of birth Silver Lakes Woods.

Evan let out a deep breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"He doesn't have a last name." Evan said sadly.

"No, rogues do not have last names. His parents are unknown as he was found hours after he was born. He was rescued and taken immediately to the Silver Lakes pack house. It was the largest and had the beat medical treatment around.

James and Charlie were there and offered to take care of him. He will be born in just a few days so you have some time to spend with your parents before you must leave. 
Evan walked over to the Moon Goddess who was gazing at the scrolls. He put his head on her shoulder and spoke quietly.

"Thank you for listening to my prayers and knowing what I wanted before I even did. I won't let you down. I will help Rowan through his pain and trauma and guide him to be the best he can be. I will make you proud of me."

"I've always been proud of you my child. It will be difficult and sometimes you will doubt yourself. There will be lots of challenges and trials but that is when you can rely on me. I won't remove these obstacles, but will give you the strength to get past them.

Take care of Rowan. He is needed for greater things in the world and had to be strong to bear it. He needs you." She smiled at his and wrapped him up in her arms.

"I believe in you." She said confidently. He blinked back the tears and was so touched by her confidence in him.

"Is there anything you want to know?"

"Everything!" He exclaimed cheerfully.

"Well no. I won't tell you everything. But one thing. I will tell you one thing." She nodded at him.

He thought for a moment. Was there anything he really wanted to know or would it be better to find out when the time came. It proved to be a dilemma.

"I want to know everything but I don't want to know anything." He shrugged his shoulders. "Colors though... I'm so curious about colors." He looked at her and nodded.

She chuckled at her much loved angel. He was going to earth to become a spirit wolf. His life would be challenging from the moment he would become part of Rowan. Yet, here he was wondering about colors. She shook her head at wonder at him.

There is no one better for this assignment. She thought happily.