Ch3 - I'm going to summon grandpa's soul

Mr. Gu didn’t know how he got his two sons home. He was so angry that he didn’t even have the strength to lecture them. Sitting on the office chair, he looked wearily at his sons, couldn’t even utter a word.

Gu Ye also didn’t know what to say. He’s afraid that if he says just one word wrong, it will instead fuel the old man’s ire. 

Gu DeCheng was an old-fashioned and a conservative man. He follows the rules and does everything single-mindedly. He doesn’t believe in metaphysics which was shrouded in mystery and obscurity. Especially since Gu Ye’s original soul was doing things blindly by researching materials he bought from Taobao. This being the case, it’s really hard for Gu Ye to convince Gu Decheng that he can really do fortune telling.

After 15 minutes of silence, Gu DeCheng took a deep breath and looked at Gu Ye who was relaxed and calm with a complicated gaze then said : “How do you know that my business is not going well recently?”

Gu Ye narrowed his eyes, “It must not have been like this when the house was first built. Grandpa must have hired a skilled Feng Shui master. The gate has Bai Hu Formation to guard against evil and on the inside is Azure Dragon Moon Guarding Array so that the family will be safe for generations. Unfortunately, no one cares about these things once he’s gone. That beast statue has lost its teeth so evil spirits could get in and the array is destroyed. The Feng Shui that was set up no longer has its original functions.”

Gu Ye thought this was logical, but Gu DeCheng felt a headache trying to understand this kind of ‘logic’. Knocking on the table, he said, “Speak clearly!” 

Tch, no culture, what a dreadful thing. Helplessly, Gu Ye said : “In a word, our home’s Feng Shui is passive. It leaks money and attracts evil spirits, over time, it will lead to death.”

Father Gu’s expression was cold. Can you not talk about death so casually?

As soon as he saw his father’s face was not right, Gu Ye quickly remedied : “There’s really something wrong with the home’s Feng Shui. Grandpa came to me in my dream, saying that when he came here before, it was not like this.” Desperate, Gu Ye added, “I’ll summon his soul, you can ask him yourself.”

Seeing Gu Ye pinching his fingers in the gesture for counting in divination, Gu DeCheng instantly felt the flame of anger rushing up from his heart to his head. With a cold expression, he picks something up from the table without looking and wants to beat Gu Ye’s ass : “You even dare to use your Grandpa as a shield, you unfilial son!”

Gu Ye immediately starts to run when he sees things are getting bad.

Gu Yang, who had been kneeling on the ground for the lecture, also followed suit once he saw his brother run.

Father Gu who had just taken two steps but already couldn’t see his sons’ figures was angry.

Mrs. Gu nervously grabbed the thing in her husband’s hand and held it carefully in her arms then said boldly, “Cheng-Ge, if you are angry then just use words. Don’t beat the children.” 

Father Gu slapped the table angrily, “Being too kind of a mother is not a good thing! You dare to protect them! I still haven’t settled the account with you yet for covering for them this morning!”
Mrs. Gu was so frightened that she almost cried. She saw the jade ruler that was worth millions and it would be a pity if it breaks. That’s money, ah.

Gu Ye looked back and saw that Mrs. Gu being lectured. He stopped running and shouted, sounding aggrieved: “Mother, save me!”

Father Gu looked at his wife in anger, “You still dare to say you didn’t spoil him? He’s nineteen and still goes to his mother when he’s in trouble. It’s too shameful!”